UK 81 LSU 55

MJAlltheWay24

^Yes there are several players in front of him at the 3 position an because of that, I really think that there is a chance he might make the move to the 2 and become a JJ Reddick type of player. Reddick was a lights out shooter but didn't have that great of ball-handling skills. Same as Lofton and Meeks as well. Based on these comparisons, he would be more of a spot-up shooter than actually dribbling 2-guard.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hood is a freshman and he is going through the freshman translation of going from high school ball to college ball. The other freshman were ranked higher for a reason and made the transition much easier. To much is expected of him right now from some Kentucky fans. You'll see Hood get much more playing time next year as he progresses. He may even get a starting spot down the road in maybe his junior or senior year. Until that time, he just needs to hit the gym hard and improve his skills and get stronger.

It appears to me that Hood is only interested in trying to score when he does get playing time, basically shooting every chance he gets. If he ever expects to play, he needs to focus on defense, rebounding and hustling.

It appears to me that Hood is only interested in trying to score when he does get playing time, basically shooting every chance he gets. If he ever expects to play, he needs to focus on defense, rebounding and hustling.

His stat line for the year is 14 pts, 6 reb, 5 ast.

He's only played in 11 games, and in 4 of them he didn't attempt a shot. Not sure what you're looking at.

Beyond that, he's a freshman, and he's got some extremely talented guys in front of him, he shouldn't be playing at this point. He'll be fine, and I'm glad he's on the team.

So do you want him to just hold the ball then and not do anything on the offensive end? He wants to play, he wants to start, that is every player's wish when they are on the bench constantly every game. He is trying to show the coach that he can play himself and that he is worthy of seeing some time on the floor. He is trying to make the most of his chances when he does get playing time and I don't blame him one bit. Cal wants players who can contribute on both ends of the floor in some way and Jon holding the ball isn't one of them. Jon made the most of his opportunity last game against LSU and I'm sure Cal recognized it. I think Jon might get an opportunity to get some real quality time up her soon if he continues to do what Cal wants him to do. I think Cal will give him the opportunity for more playing time and I think Jon will do the best he can with that opportunity.

His stat line for the year is 14 pts, 6 reb, 5 ast.

He's only played in 11 games, and in 4 of them he didn't attempt a shot. Not sure what you're looking at.

Beyond that, he's a freshman, and he's got some extremely talented guys in front of him, he shouldn't be playing at this point. He'll be fine, and I'm glad he's on the team.

It just seems as though he has shot a lot in relation to his minutes played. In the LSU game, he played 3 minutes and had 3 shots and in very limited SEC play, he is averaging 1 shot every 2 minutes played. He may need to model himself after someone like Liggins if he wants to catch the coaches attention is all I'm saying.

It just seems as though he has shot a lot in relation to his minutes played. In the LSU game, he played 3 minutes and had 3 shots and in very limited SEC play, he is averaging 1 shot every 2 minutes played. He may need to model himself after someone like Liggins if he wants to catch the coaches attention is all I'm saying.

Even saying that doesn't do it justice. He's played in 2 SEC games. Both blowouts.

For the entire season, he's averaging 1 shot every 4:16.

Dodson - 1 shot every 2:28

Krebs - 1 shot every 3:06

Miller - 1 shot every 4:00

Hood - 1 shot every 4:16

Liggins - 1 shot every 6:06

Harris - 1 shot every 6:18

So he's right in the middle for the wings. And as has already been mentioned, he's only playing mop up duty. By the time he and Krebs come in, the whole team is just trying to feed them.