Ryle/Newport Central Catholic Predictions 2/6

This game will be determined again this year by the pace...Ryle packed it into a zone last season and NCC absolutely had no idea what to do and shot their way out of the game...it worked well last season so I'm sure Ryle will at least try it again.

How will Ryle handle the press and how will NCC potentially handle the zone?

I expect a good game and I give the slight edge to NCC at home...Courtney, please stay out of foul trouble :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree about the top 3 teams, but my post stated "overall the region is down" and I listed the teams that are usually much more competitive and this season they are not...thus why I listed the teams to try to prove the point and convince ya...looks like I almost got ya to concede, but you tweaked the subect to fit your argument :)

That's what good salesmen do:) Agreed on Conner, Dixie, N.D.A., and S.K.

Here we go again. BS has his right to his opinion but he always has to make sure to have some negativity towards Ryle's team in some way. Apparently they never do anything right and there is some axe to gring. If they mess up, they mess up but they can't be all bad. It's funny, almost all the posters stay away from being very specific about criticism, but you make sure to make some kids your target. Maybe not by name, but your make sure everyone knows who you are talking about. Anyone who goes to a game somewhere can find some kid messing up, but they don't try to make them feel bad. I'm sure you'll have some pointed comment in return, but I don't see other posters putting down kids. Remember, if you are a parent and if your child/children ever tried to play, you wouldn't want someone being critical of your child for doing their best. In a forum like this, you should be ashamed hiding behind your computer screen. Now let's hear your excuse, but you can't change how you talk about high school players doing their best. Sad.

The question was:

"How good is Ryle's guard play, if you can't handle the NCC press you can't beat them."

The truth is:

Ryle guards don't handle pressure very well.

I believe Ryle uses 3 different girls at the point.

They usually play a 3 or 4 guard offense.

I did not "target" a single player.

I pointed out a weakness with the team.

And, it's not a secret.

Notre Dame has had a tough stretch lately. From what I hear they have a number of injuries. They will be tough tourney time. Conner, S.K., and dixie are not having their best years but look what happened last weekend with Conner and Highlands. I, like many here, would like to see our teams get farther in the State Tournament. I said it before in an earlier post, that I think teams from here have been satisfied with just getting into the tournament.

Thanks on the compliment on our niece, we love her and are quite proud of her:)

Ryle, Boone, and NCC are as competitive as last year...but, NDA, HC, Holmes, HHS, Ludlow, Conner, SH...etc..are not as strong as they have been over the past 3-4 years...I can extend that list to Scott (about the same), Campbell, SK, Dixie, BB...and I'm sure I'm missing some...if that's not enough to convince you then it's all I have.

Ryle, Boone, and NCC are all 1 player (Moss or Sandlin, Crittenden or Jump, Sandfoss or Tabor) from being impacted big time...again, just my humble opinion.

Even if Highlands isn't as strong as last year, a win over Ryle at Ryle and a squeeker loss against NC at NC puts them in the hunt. I wouldn't want to play them in order to get to the region.

Ryle should get by NC.

The question was:

"How good is Ryle's guard play, if you can't handle the NCC press you can't beat them."

The truth is:

And, it's not a secret.

Talked to a group of parents from both teams in the lobby. This forum came up and to my surprise, both sides were laughing at your posts. One Boone parent asked how we won a lot of games with no guards? The consensus was that no one was getting mad at you anymore, which is your goal. In fact, they are starting to look to your posts for amusement. Most agreed that you probably do know some basketball but you're extreme dislike for Ryle clouds your judgement. I just wanted to tell you that at this point, you are being laughed at and the Boone parents said they feel very sorry for you. Just trying to help. Your getting no respect. I'm looking forward to your reply to lighten my day. Out.

NCC by 5. great on ball pressure and full court press.

IMO NCC is deeper.

moving the ball with pass is how Ryle got Boone out of their press and that's how Boone handle Ryle's press; not many Dicky Beal's around to just dribble through the press; however, Coach Dawn will make all 5 girls play defense; could be trouble

The question was:

The truth is:

And, it's not a secret.

How does one go from " I'm new to the area" in 2008 BGP posts and an avid Ryle supporter to disdain for the program today? Just wondering.:confused: