Ryle/Newport Central Catholic Predictions 2/6

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How good is Ryle's guard play, if you can't handle the NCC press you can't beat them.

If NCC has a good press, they should crank it up against Ryle.

Ryle can't handle a decent press.

Crittendon is the only "ball handler" they have.

How good is Ryle's guard play, if you can't handle the NCC press you can't beat them.

I'm by no means an expert, but every coach I talk to and every analyst I hear says you beat any press by moving the ball with the pass since the ball moves faster than the defender. A man press wants you to dribble the ball more. That plays right into the defense's hands.

If NCC has a good press, they should crank it up against Ryle.

Ryle can't handle a decent press.

Crittendon is the only "ball handler" they have.

Here we go again. BS has his right to his opinion but he always has to make sure to have some negativity towards Ryle's team in some way. Apparently they never do anything right and there is some axe to gring. If they mess up, they mess up but they can't be all bad. It's funny, almost all the posters stay away from being very specific about criticism, but you make sure to make some kids your target. Maybe not by name, but your make sure everyone knows who you are talking about. Anyone who goes to a game somewhere can find some kid messing up, but they don't try to make them feel bad. I'm sure you'll have some pointed comment in return, but I don't see other posters putting down kids. Remember, if you are a parent and if your child/children ever tried to play, you wouldn't want someone being critical of your child for doing their best. In a forum like this, you should be ashamed hiding behind your computer screen. Now let's hear your excuse, but you can't change how you talk about high school players doing their best. Sad.

Another big game for both teams. Who ever said the 9th region is down this year would have a hard time convincing me. NCC has been on a roll and Ryle is getting in a groove, as well.

Ryle, Boone, and NCC are as competitive as last year...but, NDA, HC, Holmes, HHS, Ludlow, Conner, SH...etc..are not as strong as they have been over the past 3-4 years...I can extend that list to Scott (about the same), Campbell, SK, Dixie, BB...and I'm sure I'm missing some...if that's not enough to convince you then it's all I have.

Ryle, Boone, and NCC are all 1 player (Moss or Sandlin, Crittenden or Jump, Sandfoss or Tabor) from being impacted big time...again, just my humble opinion.

Ryle, Boone, and NCC are as competitive as last year...but, NDA, HC, Holmes, HHS, Ludlow, Conner, SH...etc..are not as strong as they have been over the past 3-4 years...I can extend that list to Scott (about the same), Campbell, SK, Dixie, BB...and I'm sure I'm missing some...if that's not enough to convince you then it's all I have.

Ryle, Boone, and NCC are all 1 player (Moss or Sandlin, Crittenden or Jump, Sandfoss or Tabor) from being impacted big time...again, just my humble opinion.

I agree the region is very good at the top but night in and night out there are not great games in the region, there have been a lot of blowouts. The region is normally pretty consistent, but not so much this year.

Here we go again. BS has his right to his opinion but he always has to make sure to have some negativity towards Ryle's team in some way. Apparently they never do anything right and there is some axe to gring. If they mess up, they mess up but they can't be all bad. It's funny, almost all the posters stay away from being very specific about criticism, but you make sure to make some kids your target. Maybe not by name, but your make sure everyone knows who you are talking about. Anyone who goes to a game somewhere can find some kid messing up, but they don't try to make them feel bad. I'm sure you'll have some pointed comment in return, but I don't see other posters putting down kids. Remember, if you are a parent and if your child/children ever tried to play, you wouldn't want someone being critical of your child for doing their best. In a forum like this, you should be ashamed hiding behind your computer screen. Now let's hear your excuse, but you can't change how you talk about high school players doing their best. Sad.

Actually sorry I got into this subject. I am not a Ryle parent, but know many of them and it upsets them to hear about their kid's deficienies from some other person who must not have a daughter playing. I just feel bad for the kids when they are trying their best.

I agree the region is very good at the top but night in and night out there are not great games in the region, there have been a lot of blowouts. The region is normally pretty consistent, but not so much this year.
I'll concede to a point. If you look at most regions every year their are on 3 or 4 teams who vie for the title regularly. I've seen a lot of games from across the state this year and the 9th is as competitive as any. Marion county is the only team to dominate so far, their only loss coming to Cincinnati Walnut Hills.

I'll concede to a point. If you look at most regions every year their are on 3 or 4 teams who vie for the title regularly. I've seen a lot of games from across the state this year and the 9th is as competitive as any. Marion county is the only team to dominate so far, their only loss coming to Cincinnati Walnut Hills.

The 9th at the top is as good as any region, i think that the only region that may be better is the 7th region.

I agree about the top 3 teams, but my post stated "overall the region is down" and I listed the teams that are usually much more competitive and this season they are not...thus why I listed the teams to try to prove the point and convince ya...looks like I almost got ya to concede, but you tweaked the subect to fit your argument :)