January 26, 201016 yr Who is the one team that should scare UK the most come tourney time? My vote goes to the Cuse.
January 26, 201016 yr I understand the thinking behind sayig Syracuse, but I'm not that worried about them. I'm worried about Kansas and Villanova. Those are the 2 teams that would scare me the most.
January 26, 201016 yr My vote goes to the Cuse. I'd love to see that one. Cuse could really give UK fits...
January 26, 201016 yr I'd love to see that one. Cuse could really give UK fits... Yes they would. I'm actually more concerned about UK overlooking one of those underdog teams that gets hot from 3-point land. Very interested to see two things about UK: how they handle being ranked #1 & how they fare down the stretch, as they have a bruising final 5-6 games (4 on the road).
January 26, 201016 yr I understand the thinking behind sayig Syracuse, but I'm not that worried about them. I'm worried about Kansas and Villanova. Those are the 2 teams that would scare me the most. Kansas I can see. 1.) Because of their experience and depth. 2.) Because Aldridge and company can play with our bigs. 3.) They are capable of shooting the three extremely well. 4.) Kentucky doesn't have that good of a track record against Kansas recently, and neither does Calipari. Could translate into motivation, but sometimes that monkey is hard to get off the back. Nova on the otherhand, doesn't scare me no where near as much, if at all from a match-up standpoint. Don't get me wrong, they are a very good team, and very up to beating Kentucky, as are a lot of teams in the country. However, from a match-up and on paper standpoint I really like the way this one looks for Kentucky. 1.) Nova not real deep down low, and would have a hard time matching up UK's size and athleticism down there. If Kentucky got the production down low that they should against Nova, then it would make it a lot easier on the backcourt guys. Jay Wright's not been known to be the type of coach who relies on inside play, rather guard play. I'd expect a lot of blocked/altered shots/passes from Pat, Boogie, and Orton on Nova's guards trying to get into the lane. 2.) Kentucky's speed and length. Reynolds and his backcourt mates are pretty quick and pretty good. But, so are Kentucky's backcourt. In fact Kentucky is even faster/quicker. Bledsoe has already shown he can be a defensive stopper, and I would expect him (if things go as they should or have) to lock down Reynolds, or whoever they needed him to contain. 3.) Game planning. Cal has had the Cats in the right situations all year, and Saturday was the first time all season UK has played a full game. I would expect Cal to work a lot of inside out against Nova and this should translate into a lot of success. Pound them down low, then once they start doubling, helping out, kick out for open looks, or open up the front court for penetration for Wall, Bledsoe, Miller, etc. 4.) Overall Depth. Talked about the depth down low, but generally speaking, Nova has players, Kentucky has more. (Lord never thought id be saying this going from this point last year until now, and I've said it a million times this year but will say it once more, what a difference a year makes.) 5.) Defense and Hustle. Kentucky play's all the D, and they get after it from opening tip to final buzzer. Whether it's Wall giving everyone in Big Blue Nation a heart attack by crashing into the scorers table, or if its Boogie or Pat diving into the stands for a loose ball rebound, or if its Liggins or (insert your Kentucky Wildcat here) diving on the floor for a loose ball and getting the time out, the Cats will just flat out outwork the other Cats. If Kentucky can build on what they done Saturday, and what they've been striving on all year, they will just come in waves and pressure Nova until they cannot breathe. This is what ultimately wins ball games. Just my opinion on the two teams you had mentioned. Again it is just opinion, I could be absolutely and totally wrong, you just never know until it gets played out on the court. Realistically speaking there are a lot of teams out there right now that will scare me come tourney time. These kittens have grew up before our eyes and are starting to turn into Cats. They keep on looking better and better, BUT you never know when that inexperience is going to lead to a big let down.
January 26, 201016 yr I think Syracuse and West Virginia. WVU has the height and athleticism to compete.
January 26, 201016 yr Themselves!! I'd have to agree with this, might be the biggest thing to stop this team.
January 26, 201016 yr Agree with the Cuse', but a sleeper that scares me is the Gonzaga Bulldogs. For two reasons.............1) They seem to always be peaking come tourney time. 2) They play with heart and tenacity.
January 26, 201016 yr I'd love to see that one. Cuse could really give UK fits... I thought that while watching them again last night.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.