Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who Is the ONE Team That UK....

Featured Replies

In order for a win to be great, the team that has been beaten must be a GREAT team, correct?

 

You're willing to classify this year's version of Gtown and West Virginia as great teams? I'm certainly not.

I'd certainly classify them as teams with enough talent to make it to the Final 4 and contend for a title. Monroe, Freeman, Wright, Butler, Ebanks and Jones are all big time college players and give each more than enough to make a run. You shut them down and get a win, it's a great win on your resume. Period...

  • Replies 75
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about we find out. If you're so confident that those teams have what it takes, let's make a friendly wager....If either WVU or Gtown make the Final Four, I won't post on here for a month. If neither do, you have the same month long sabbatical...

 

I haven't watched G'town as much as WVU, but I think the Mountaineers are a legit threat to make the Final Four. Not a favorite, but I like their athleticism and toughness (no surprise from a Huggins team). They'll be a tough out in March.

In order for a win to be great, the team that has been beaten must be a GREAT team, correct?

 

You're willing to classify this year's version of Gtown and West Virginia as great teams? I'm certainly not.

 

 

What makes a team a GREAT team in your book? Is Kentucky a GREAT team this year?

Something tells me if UK had wins against either one of them then UKMG would consider them great wins. :lol:

 

Something tells me you're incorrect. UK has only 2 quality wins IMO. UConn and Florida. BTW, who is UKMG? :D

 

I've laid out the teams I've considered to be "great" by this year's standard of play. WVU and Gtown aren't on the list.

What makes a team a GREAT team in your book? Is Kentucky a GREAT team this year?

They won the Blue/White scrimmage, so of course they are great... :lol:

What makes a team a GREAT team in your book? Is Kentucky a GREAT team this year?

 

Size, speed, athleticism, depth, and of course talent.

 

UK has all those factors. So does KU, Texas, Syracuse, MSU, and to a lesser extent Nova.

What makes a team a GREAT team in your book? Is Kentucky a GREAT team this year?

 

We need an official college basketball discussion thread rating system...do we want to keep it simple and broader, or more specific.

 

Bad --> Average --> Good --> Great

 

or

 

Terrible --> Really Bad --> Just plain Bad --> Not too bad --> Average --> Solid --> Good --> Pretty good --> Really good --> Great --> Really Great --> 1996 UK Great

 

:idunno::lol:

Something tells me you're incorrect. UK has only 2 quality wins IMO. UConn and Florida. BTW, who is UKMG? :D

 

I've laid out the teams I've considered to be "great" by this year's standard of play. WVU and Gtown aren't on the list.

 

 

What makes those teams great? And you don't want to know what the g stands for. :lol:

What makes those teams great? And you don't want to know what the g stands for. :lol:

 

What makes what teams great?

 

As I said earlier, in order for a team to be great, they have to have size, speed, athleticism, depth, leadership, and most importantly an abundance of talent.

I still say noone scares UK if they play their game. Sure some teams look better on a paper resume or have a roster or a style that could challenge this team on a given night. If UK is on their game it is still only themselves they have to worry about.

Two "sleepers" that I would hate to see are Ohio St. now that they are healthy and BYU.

Two "sleepers" that I would hate to see are Ohio St. now that they are healthy and BYU.

 

Evan Turner is a matchup nightmare, from what I've seen.

I'm not talking about them not having impressive rankings, rpi's etc....When I talk about a great win, I think of a team that has a legit chance at winning the title. I don't see either WVU or Gtown making it to Indy, much less being able to cut down the nets.

 

Well then, that same argument can be made for almost everyone.

I think that's it. :thumb:

 

It's hard to believe Syracuse lost to Le Moyne in the pre-season.

Going back, they did a lot of crazy things that allowed for that to happen. They were not trying to win the game.

What makes what teams great?

 

As I said earlier, in order for a team to be great, they have to have size, speed, athleticism, depth, leadership, and most importantly an abundance of talent.

 

But, per your guidelines the only teams that could be great are KState, Tennessee, Temple, Pittsburgh, Florida, and Texas.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.