Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who Is the ONE Team That UK....

Featured Replies

Syracuse, Kansas, and Texas would all be very good games.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Syracuse is #1 for me. They're a very very good team.

Lets say Syracuse or KU goes undefeated the rest of the season including the conference tourney and ends the year with one loss. UK , we will assume, ends with no losses.

 

Who gets the overall #1 seed?

 

That might be the most unlikely hypothetical ever. KU still goes to Texas, they have a few more B12 tests, and the tourney. If Syracuse goes the rest of the way unbeaten they deserve the #1 overall seed IMO. UK is getting beat at Tennessee, and I don't think Tennessee is as good as their record.

 

To play along though UK would get it IMO.

Syracuse is the only team that I wouldn't feel good about UK's chances against.

Themselves!!

 

That's the way I feel to be honest as well. They should be able to beat any team out there if they bring their game. However if they don't they will lose.

 

But to play along and actually answer the question I will say Syracuse.

Syracuse is the only team that I wouldn't feel good about UK's chances against.

 

I feel good about UK's chances against anybody. But, Syracuse seems like a really dangerous matchup with their combination of talent, athleticism, and zone defense.

 

Teams with talent like KU, Texas, and Villanova (to name three) are also obvious. In a one-and-done scenario, any of these teams are capable.

 

On paper, UK has an advantage somewhere against all of those teams, IMO. For starters, I'd take John Wall over any other PG. But, one thing I think sets UK apart from a lot of the others is their bigs...to go along with Wall and all the athleticism, they have a trio of bigs in Patterson, Cousins and Orton, that few teams can match. I think that's the biggest reason UK's defense is as good as it is, in addition to the rebounding and offensive benefits.

 

Take a team like Villanova...talented and athletic, but they'd have a hard time matching up with UK in the paint, IMO.

Themselves!!

 

That's it right there.

 

They are the only team capable of stopping themselves, IMO.

Who has Syracuse beaten that is a good quality win?

Who is the one team that should scare UK the most come tourney time?

 

My vote goes to the Cuse.

 

:thumb: Syracuse for me as well.

Kansas, Texas and 'Cuse. Other teams could beat them, but UK would have to contribute alot to it if it were in the NCAA tourney IMO. But that's why they play the games.

Syracuse for me for reasons already mentioned. Kansas is very good too, but I think UK matches up well w/ anyone who will play them mostly man. I hope they don't catch Ohio St either. They will probably be seeded lower than where they should b/c of some losses while their best player was injured. I hope they play Duke or Purdue really late instead of a Syracuse b/c of athletecism. When you get past the 1st or 2nd round you're playing a pretty good team no matter what.

Not really trying to boost my boys, but I think if they are hitting like they usually do, a UK/Duke matchup would be a classic, they play a lot of zone now as well.

I think it would have to be UK. If they are the only unbeaten, then I think they get it by default.

 

I think RPI may come into play, particularly because Syracuse would be off the charts at that point.

Who has Syracuse beaten that is a good quality win?

 

Georgetown and WVU are great wins, Florida, UNC and Marquette are good wins.

Not really trying to boost my boys, but I think if they are hitting like they usually do, a UK/Duke matchup would be a classic, they play a lot of zone now as well.

 

Even playing a zone, Duke would have to be hitting lights out from deep to win IMO. I also don't see anyone on Duke's roster that could contend with the 3-headed monster UK has inside.

Georgetown and WVU are great wins, Florida, UNC and Marquette are good wins.

 

I don't know if I'd consider either of those great wins....Both are solid, but not on the upper tier of teams IMO.

 

Both are better than anything UK can claim though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.