Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Patrick Patterson to return for Senior season?

Featured Replies

My gut also tells me that Patterson is coming back, but then again, my gut is very hungry. Bledsoe has about as much chance of leaving this year as I do finding a date this weekend. I'll be watching a lot of T.V.

 

Sorry but if Bledsoe keeps playing the way he is then he could be a top 15 pick in this years draft.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry but if Bledsoe keeps playing the way he is then he could be a top 15 pick in this years draft.

 

Are you suggesting I might be getting a date this weekend? Bledsoe in college vs Bledsoe in NBA, not so good.

This situation is similar to that of pscho T.

 

Except Hansborough did not graduate in 3 years, so it really isn't all that similar.

I think there is a shot he comes back. Don't know why, it's just what my gut says.

 

Bledsoe will be back IMO. Ford on ESPN has him really high, but I think Cal convinces him that one more season would be for the best. He's not ready IMO.

 

I don't think Cal will talk him into coming back if there is lottery pick waiting for him in the NBA. Cal prides himself on getting players to the next level & being honest with them. If the opportunity is there, I think Cal will promote it, even if it's not in the best short-term interest of the program.

 

My gut also tells me that Patterson is coming back, but then again, my gut is very hungry. Bledsoe has about as much chance of leaving this year as I do finding a date this weekend. I'll be watching a lot of T.V.

 

Bledsoe is already an NBA body. He has a lot to learn, but the raw talent and physical tools are there.

 

Don't forget that Bledsoe was a top PG prospect coming out of HS as well. His stock has skyrocketed through the roof recently.

Two thoughts...

 

1. I don't think Bledsoe leaving early is as "out of the question" as some do. Stats are irrelevant...the NBA drafts almost solely on potential. And, if Bledsoe continues to play well, I wouldn't rule it out. At this point, I still expect him to return.

 

2. As for Patterson, I'll say this. I would be far more surprised if John Wall or DeMarcus Cousins decided to return than Patrick Patterson. He strikes me as a guy who would return if that's what he wanted regardless of draft status and potential earnings. But, at this point, I still expect him to go.

 

As of now, my view hasn't changed since the start of the season. I think Wall, Cousins and Patterson will be gone. I do think there's more of a chance of Bledose leaving than initially. But, I still don't think he will.

He would have a great chance to break Issel's record if he returned next year.

 

Patterson is currently 824 points shy of Issel's record. They have 13 regular season games left this year plus at least one game in the SEC Tournament and either one game in the NCAA or NIT. Add that to around 30 games next year plus the two tournaments and he would roughly equal Issel's total if he maintains his current career average. If the team has post season success in either year or both, than his scoring average could even drop and he could still claim this record. That being said Issel's got his point in far fewer games than it would take Patterson.

 

Patrick is averaging less points than he has in any of his three years. If he continues on his current average (16.33 PPG) and they play what amounts to an SEC Championship and a run to the Elite Eight (20 more games) he would have 1,641 points. That would leave him only around 500 points shy, so it would be doable, though it would still require a good year. I'll admit, it's more of a possibility than I would have thought without digging into it. I'd like to see where he stands at the end of the year before putting too much into it. If he's not within 600 points then I don't see it happening at all.

I think there is a shot he comes back. Don't know why, it's just what my gut says.

 

Bledsoe will be back IMO. Ford on ESPN has him really high, but I think Cal convinces him that one more season would be for the best. He's not ready IMO.

 

Who isn't ready to make a ton of money?

I don't think Cal will talk him into coming back if there is lottery pick waiting for him in the NBA. Cal prides himself on getting players to the next level & being honest with them. If the opportunity is there, I think Cal will promote it, even if it's not in the best short-term interest of the program.

 

 

 

Bledsoe is already an NBA body. He has a lot to learn, but the raw talent and physical tools are there.

 

Don't forget that Bledsoe was a top PG prospect coming out of HS as well. His stock has skyrocketed through the roof recently.

 

It's still a young season and he still makes way too many mistakes.

Who isn't ready to make a ton of money?

 

The owner of the Buffalo Bills, but that's another thread.

It's just the kind of guy I think PPat is, and I could see him coming back... Now is it likely, no.

As far as Bledsoe is concerned one year does him justice of solidifying a top ten spot in the 2011 draft.

I think Bledsoe is gone too. I told GT a while back that Bledsoe would probably test the waters. He told me it'd be stupid. Good thing he's not callin' the shots.

 

And at that time he was playing nothing like a 1st round pick. It is nice to know you store anything I say in your memory bank for future use. Sure seems like you'd want me calling the shots... :sssh:

If Sebastian Telfair can go high...Bledsoe can after this year as well. On potential alone Bledsoe could go, especially if he continues to play well.

 

I don't think Patterson will stay, but man that would be simply awesome! And if Patterson were going to be even close to breaking Dan Issel's record, I would believe that Coach Cal would do everything in his power to see that his player does that.

Who isn't ready to make a ton of money?

 

If you're not ready I don't think it ever works out to go. Alot of times IMO when you don't come in and contribute right away teams kind of forget you off. So the rookie contract is possibly the best you're going to get. In the long run I think it makes more sense NBA wise to stay in school and get polish if you need alot of it. Obviously a guy like Wall shouldn't stay, but I think in the long run it would be wise for Bledsoe to wait.

If Wall, Cousins, and Bledsoe all leave, no way Patrick Patterson wants to put up with carrying yet another team on his back.

I don't think Bledsoe is ready, his ball handling needs a ton of work.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.