Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA Champs or John Wall

Featured Replies

I was recently talking to my son who is a sophomore at UK and I made the statement that John Wall appears to really like life at UK. I then said what if UK makes it to the Final Four and loses; would John Wall return next year to take care of unfinished business? He said I was crazy. Maybe I am, but who's with me? Would you be satisified with a Final Four appearance and NO championship to have John Wall back next year or do you want the ring this year and John Wall, it was nice knowing you? I like having the guy on my team so I'm taking a Final Four and no ring and John Wall back next year? Am I crazy???

I would take the Championship this year and say good luck. As much as I like watching Wall play, there is no guarantee we win it next year with him although we would probably be favorites.

Take the championship any time given the chance. Funny thread though, my friend who isn't a UK fan was watching the Florida game with me and he asked which would I choose of this scenario: championship this year in basketball AND uk loses to UT in football AGAIN next year OR final four appearance AND UK beats UT and finishes reg season as SEC East Champs. I took scenario 2!

Um, I would take the ring. Unfortunately, I believe that you will get neither.

You should most definitely take the championship. That's the goal. It wouldn't be logical to say you would rather have the final 4 and him back next year because their is no guarantee you win the championship next year. If you could get the title, get it, and say goodbye.

To me its a no brainer...take the eighth championship.

 

It's like in euchre, the rule of thumb is to always take trump when you can.

It's crazy but I don't want Wall to stay. He's going to be the #1 pick and shouldn't turn that down IMO. I love him at UK and what he's done for UK, but I also want him to do what's best for him.

 

So I say 2010 National Championship, build in 2011, and dominate with Gilchrist and Co. in 2012 and bring home another. Cal will need the secret service if he can pull that off.

Championship, always.

Always take the championship, BUT Wall is gone no matter what happens. And I wouldn't want him to stay.

Take the championship any time given the chance. Funny thread though, my friend who isn't a UK fan was watching the Florida game with me and he asked which would I choose of this scenario: championship this year in basketball AND uk loses to UT in football AGAIN next year OR final four appearance AND UK beats UT and finishes reg season as SEC East Champs. I took scenario 2!

 

As primarily a football fan, I would take scenario 2 as well.

 

As far as just basketball goes, while I love watching Wall play, I would take the title and wish him well in the NBA. Coming back doesn't guarantee a title.

Title now!!

 

When Wall and other Wildcats get in the NBA, that will help recruiting.

 

Recruiting = Championships = Recruiting = Championships

He isn't coming back no matter what.

 

The answer is easy, championship.

He isn't coming back no matter what.

 

The answer is easy, championship.

 

I think it was more hypothetical.

Championship. No doubt. I'd take the championship and start from scratch if that was the alternative.

 

I'm not giving up a chance for a ring.

Take the championship and let Brandon Knight try to lead us to #9 next year...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.