January 14, 201016 yr Take the championship and let Brandon Knight try to lead us to #9 next year... Selby, IMO
January 15, 201016 yr I think it was more hypothetical. Doesn't matter. Here's how it breaks down. With this hypothetical situation, you only have one shot at winning a championship if you would take option A. Option A is... Option A: Lose in the final 4 and keep John Wall for one more year, thus giving you one shot at winning a championship, since you can't win it and keep Wall. Option B: Possible championship this year, no John Wall next year, but still a possible championship next year. Why in the world (if you knew UK could win it all) would you turn that down for one more year of Wall?
January 16, 201016 yr Selby, IMO Knight will be a Cat. Shelby is Kansas lean according to KSR. I have always fely Knight liked UK because he know he will be star.
January 16, 201016 yr Doesn't matter. Here's how it breaks down. With this hypothetical situation, you only have one shot at winning a championship if you would take option A. Option A is... Option A: Lose in the final 4 and keep John Wall for one more year, thus giving you one shot at winning a championship, since you can't win it and keep Wall. Option B: Possible championship this year, no John Wall next year, but still a possible championship next year. Why in the world (if you knew UK could win it all) would you turn that down for one more year of Wall? That wasn't my point. I was just saying that because OR wasn't giving the situation chance. We all know he's going to the NBA regardless, that's obvious.
January 16, 201016 yr NCAA Champs, YES. No player is bigger than the team, no team is bigger than the program, no basketball program is bigger than UK's and no single basketball game is bigger than the Championship of March Madness. IMO
January 16, 201016 yr Author Doesn't matter. Here's how it breaks down. With this hypothetical situation, you only have one shot at winning a championship if you would take option A. Option A is... Option A: Lose in the final 4 and keep John Wall for one more year, thus giving you one shot at winning a championship, since you can't win it and keep Wall. Option B: Possible championship this year, no John Wall next year, but still a possible championship next year. Why in the world (if you knew UK could win it all) would you turn that down for one more year of Wall? Because I really enjoy watching him play for my favorite team and I hate the thought of seeing him gone after one year. If I could take a final four and him back and another chance next year to win, I'd sacrifice the ring to see him for 35 more games in a Wildcat uniform. I love that fact that he's the lead story every night no matter who is playing.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.