Why isn't Prop 1 getting more coverage???

jbwill2

That is the one I thought it was. I have heard a lot of talk from public schools that having private schools have to create boundaries is the answer instead of Prop 20. I am beginning to wonder if it is not going to be either or. 20 mile boundary or Prop 20. Which would the private schools prefer?

I would say that one of 2 things are going to happen. Either the boundary issue or Prop 20 will pass OR the publics will be so split on which is the best plan that neither will pass.

For the NKY private schools a 20 mile radius would not mean anything.

I doubt there are more than 10 total students from more than 20 miles away at all the Catholic schools combined and I can't imagine there are many at Calvary or Heritage.

I guess there could be someone 20 miles south of Brossart or maybe at ND or CovCath but 20 miles from Park Hills goes pretty far.

For the NKY private schools a 20 mile radius would not mean anything.

I doubt there are more than 10 total students from more than 20 miles away at all the Catholic schools combined and I can't imagine there are many at Calvary or Heritage.

I guess there could be someone 20 miles south of Brossart or maybe at ND or CovCath but 20 miles from Park Hills goes pretty far.

I think it might impact some kids at Calvary. Calvary being the largest non-catholic christian school in NKY has a wide drawing area.

I think it might impact some kids at Calvary. Calvary being the largest non-catholic christian school in NKY has a wide drawing area.

True but 20 miles from Taylor Mill probably covers all of Campbell Co from Alexandria to the river, almost all of Kenton Co. and Boone Co. population centers plus they do not have that many students total.

True but 20 miles from Taylor Mill probably covers all of Campbell Co from Alexandria to the river, almost all of Kenton Co. and Boone Co. population centers plus they do not have that many students total.

Probably true. I just think that out of all the schools in NKY Calvary probably has the largest drawing area.

I have mentioned this in other threads, but the way I am understanding it is there is no guaranteee that the final limit will be 20 miles. If it is say 10 I would think that would hurt some schools.

I think there are two key points about Prop 1. The first is that if it is okay to have a different rule for private schools, then a ten mile limit is also okay, or a five mile limit, or a one mile limit. The problem is that the rules should be the same for all. The second problem is that a 20 mile limit would do very little to change the results on the field. It would single out a very few kids for punishment. In a few years when nothing much had changed, the Prop 1 supporters would be back to say "See we tried to be reasonable, they have to go". I think that the private schools should fight any and every proposal that would treat private schools differently from public schools.