Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4A Final: Boyle County/Lone Oak Predictions

Who will be the state champion? 150 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will be the state champion?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Who will earn the 2009 state championship title?

 

 

(Please keep ALL discussion focused on the upcoming game. Other topics can be discussed in a separate thread. Thanks.)

  • Replies 115
  • Views 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first glance I would have said Boyle big in this one. However, I saw where Lone Oak beat Lex Cath earlier in the year by 3 in OT. Anybody who beats LC has to be pretty tough, so this game may be better than expected.

I think it'll be a good one, but I think Rees gone wild will seal the deal for the Rebels.

 

I thought all along we were 2td's better than LexCath so I think we win this one by at least 2td's.

Boyle should win but LO has proven me wrong all year

LOne Oak will have to start making mistakes. They usually don't. Looper has thrown but one interception all year, and they rarely fumble. They have no less than five competent receivers on the field on offense, and Matt Starks is nearly unstoppable running the ball. Defensively, they adjust well, and will wear you down. Good luck if they ever get a 2 TD lead on you. Boyle will have to play an error-free game to win this one. Marion County had virtually no passing attack. Hard to play catch up when all you've got is run, and you're playing against a great run defense. If Boyle has a balanced attack, I think the game's a toss up. All I can say to Boyle, is, don't get overconfident. Lone Oak is MUCH better than what you think.

Very well coached and a better d than most think keeps Lone Oak in this one! I want lone oak to win but;

 

Boyle Co...39

Lone Oak...31

LO-34 Boyle Co-28.... Caught the 2nd half of the LO/ MC after the Mayfield/Beechwood game. IMO, LO is alot better than the '07 team. I don't think Boyle can stop their passing game and their defense is gonna give them trouble. Good luck, LO i'm pulling for ya.

Boyle will win this game. Too much speed on the defense. 35-14

Boyle will win this game. Too much speed on the defense. 35-14

 

We have heard this the last 3 games from posters on here!!!!I guess we will just have to win a ring to get any respect....LO36-18:walk::walk::banana::dancingpa

LO by 2 TDs

 

Coming early Friday to watch the Purple Flash bring it home to Western Ky and then staying in my seat to watch FC bring home number 3 in a row.

LO has a great offense, if Boyle can't slow them down and gets in a shootout I will not be surprised if LO doesn't win.

While Marion County had a good team, Boyle is much better. Boyle will stop your running game I have no doubt, Bell Co. was big, strong, and fast, and Boyle shut it down. LO's passing attack will keep them in the game but Boyle is also good against the pass. Bell Co. had one of the strongest aggressive defenses I have seen for a long time for High school and Mc Shara still ran for around 180 yards. Boyle's coaching staff has proven they can get their team ready for anything.:popcorn:

IF Lone Oak wins, it will not be by 2td's. If they win, it'll be a lot closer. Likely, less than a td if they get the victory.

 

If they cannot stop Rees MacShara, they won't win and so far I have yet to see anyone say anything about them being able to do that. They can pass all they want to, the sooner we get the ball back, the sooner we score. And unless they bring in Dudley Hilton, we will score.

 

If I am wrong, I will come on here and admit it, but for now we have one common opponent, LexCath, and we beat that opponent by the combined score of 55-33, while Lone Oak beat them by 3 in OT. I have to give the edge to BC based on the fact that LexCath scored more points on Lone Oak in one game than they did against us in 2.

 

Boyle County will be the best defense and the best team LO has seen all year.

 

Being a better version of Lone Oak since 2007 means very little. They say this is the best Boyle County team since 2001. None of that matters come kickoff next Friday morning.

I've watched Larry French for many, many moons and perhaps his top quality is that he does not allow his teams to get overconfident or take anyone lightly. I simply cannot pull against him in this one.

 

And then he'll want to go fishing after winning the title.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.