Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tubby Smith

Should we post about OTS and his team? 100 members have voted

  1. 1. Should we post about OTS and his team?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Tubby Yes...Eddie Sutton and Billy Clyde No...If either ever coach again...:cool:
:lol::thumb: Of course, Sutton imo was good coach (as far as x's and o's go) and imo BCG will coach again somehwere. I saw BCG on another show just the other day......he was playing "Otis" on the "Andy Griffith Show".

 

That is a good point, we talk about Pitino anytime we want..... I want to change my vote to yes:lol:
:lol: :thumb: personally would much rather talk about Tubby Smith than Slick Rick any day.

 

Tubby is one of the best coaches in the game. He ran a great program at UK. He had a great winning percentage at UK. He did not make it to as many final 4's as the fans would have liked and his style of play was boring to many. He left with grace. Any true college basketball fan is interested in Tubby's teams.
:thumb:

 

The first part of your post was right on, but the last I disagree with. Talking about Tubby has nothing to do with UK fans being negative. There are many fans, like myself, who really like Tubby, and want to see him do well at Minnesota. We are able to keep up with him, and how he is doing at Minnesota by the threads on BGP.
:thumb::thumb:

 

Absolutely. I would MUCH rather read about Tubby and Minnesota than some of the other threads we see. Tubby is a big part of UK's history, ... he won a lot of games, brought a national championship back to UK with a team that nobody expected to win it, including the coach who left, ran the program with class and dignity.

Absolutely MT, very well said.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:deadhorse:

I'm just glad he is in the great white north. I would rather have an STD than Tubby Smith as the UK coach.

I'm just glad he is in the great white north. I would rather have an STD than Tubby Smith as the UK coach.

 

:ohbrother:

I'm just glad he is in the great white north. I would rather have an STD than Tubby Smith as the UK coach.

 

:laugh: :thumb:

Talking about Tubby Smith and his team in the College Basketball thread is a no brainer, why not talk about him?

Edited by Jumper_Dad
didn't want to get in trouble

I'm just glad he is in the great white north. I would rather have an STD than Tubby Smith as the UK coach.

 

Spectral Theories of Diffraction aren't all that bad.

  • Author
Why not.......:idunno:. This is a college basketball forum and the last I checked Minnesota was a college basketball team and Tubby Smith is their coach. I don't think that is against any rules.

Should some not like or want to read about then then the solution is simple, don't read or post on the thread :rolleyes:.....Duh!!:ohbrother:

 

Easy now, I love OTS...:idunno:

 

See post 16..

Spectral Theories of Diffraction aren't all that bad.

 

Try living amongst it...

Yes tubby is a good coach.

One of the best winning percentages of the past decade, he used to coach at Kentucky and never did a thing to our fan base that should make us dislike him, so why shouldn't we talk about him?

I'm just glad he is in the great white north. I would rather have an STD than Tubby Smith as the UK coach.

 

:ohbrother:

I'm just glad he is in the great white north. I would rather have an STD than Tubby Smith as the UK coach.

 

:clap::clap::clap::ylsuper:

The first part of your post was right on, but the last I disagree with. Talking about Tubby has nothing to do with UK fans being negative. There are many fans, like myself, who really like Tubby, and want to see him do well at Minnesota. We are able to keep up with him, and how he is doing at Minnesota by the threads on BGP.

 

 

I like Tubby too. I have watched many of Minnesota's games. I think BGP is a great way to keep up with his teams.

Tubby is a big part of UK's history. Because of that fact alone, I will follow everything he does the rest of his career.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.