Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tubby Smith

Should we post about OTS and his team? 100 members have voted

  1. 1. Should we post about OTS and his team?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The title of this post is Tubby Smith. If people didn't want to read about him then why log on to a post that reads TUBBY SMITH. He did some good things for us that love UK. Was he a great coach? No. Why? He couldn't recruit the best. If you can't do it at UK something is wrong. When he had Patino's kids the first two years he did great. Then after that he was playing with his own. Not so good. You can't win at UK with two and three star players. And about 90% of his recruits were those. He'll do just fine in the BIG 10!! And up north.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
The title of this post is Tubby Smith. If people didn't want to read about him then why log on to a post that reads TUBBY SMITH. He did some good things for us that love UK. Was he a great coach? No. Why? He couldn't recruit the best. If you can't do it at UK something is wrong. When he had Patino's kids the first two years he did great. Then after that he was playing with his own. Not so good. You can't win at UK with two and three star players. And about 90% of his recruits were those. He'll do just fine in the BIG 10!! And up north.

 

Like I said, Read post 16....

 

That one reply is what triggered the thread..:rolleyes:

Like I said, Read post 16....

 

That one reply is what triggered the thread..:rolleyes:

 

Because it's the truth??

I like talking about Tubby. I like the way he talks in little chunks, only emphasizing the major words and not really talking in complete sentences...."Gerald.....very sensitive young man."

The title of this post is Tubby Smith. If people didn't want to read about him then why log on to a post that reads TUBBY SMITH. He did some good things for us that love UK. Was he a great coach? No. Why? He couldn't recruit the best. If you can't do it at UK something is wrong. When he had Patino's kids the first two years he did great. Then after that he was playing with his own. Not so good. You can't win at UK with two and three star players. And about 90% of his recruits were those. He'll do just fine in the BIG 10!! And up north.

 

Nice post. UK's recruiting classes from the 2001 class all the way to Tubby's last year, with the exception of the 2004 class, were down right pathetic. During these years Tubby ran the UK program into the ground and it is still trying to recover, and recovering quite well it is. Tubby Smith would have never stayed in Lexington as long as he did if not for Rick Pitino's team that was left gift-wrapped for the so called good coach and great part of UK's history. How anyone can say that he done good for the program really blows my mind. Rick Pitino left with UK on top of the college basketball world and Tubby left it in shambles. I am as big as a UK fan as anybody on this site and still cheered for the Cats throughout the Dark Era as I like to call it, but it was the most difficult time to be a fan. I will never ever forget where I was when he resigned. A great day for UK. You people keep that support Tubby can you honestly say that you enjoyed watching his style of basketball, losing in the second round of the tournament, and watching sub-par talent coming in as freshman year after year? I seen highlights of Minnesota the other night on SportsCenter and seen our old friend giving the "stare." I laughed but inside it made me cringe because all I could think about was the way he ran down a great tradition.

Tubby Smith is twice the coach that Calipari is. I wish Tubby still coached at Kentucky.

Tubby Smith is twice the coach that Calipari is. I wish Tubby still coached at Kentucky.

 

Rookie.

Tubby Smith is twice the coach that Calipari is. I wish Tubby still coached at Kentucky.

 

:laugh::dancingpa

I want to change my vote. I voted no but on second thought I really enjoy these Tubby Smith threads. Thinking about the Tubby era makes me appreciate the present all the more.

 

Smacking Tubby around never gets old.

If I am not mistaken, Tubby has more final four appearances than Calipari does.

If I am not mistaken, Tubby has more final four appearances than Calipari does.

 

And why does that matter?

Tubby Smith is twice the coach that Calipari is. I wish Tubby still coached at Kentucky.

 

Louisville fan? :lol:

 

People tend to give Tubby high praise for his "X's and O's", so I assume that's what you're getting at with regards to coaching.

 

I don't know which of the two are better in that aspect. What I do know is that Calipari's ability to recruit negates any coaching advantage Tubby might have and then some. There's more to coaching in college hoops than knowing the X's and O's...

I am a die hard UK fan and I think Tubby is better.

Tubby has more national championships than Calipari, and Tubby only has one. By the way, I am now a JV Player.

Tubby has more national championships than Calipari, and Tubby only has one. By the way, I am now a JV Player.

 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

Congrats, not many make it that far :p

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.