Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tubby Smith

Should we post about OTS and his team? 100 members have voted

  1. 1. Should we post about OTS and his team?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author

PhiSlamaJama

 

"Who cares about Tubby??? He's old news and thankfully no longer coaching the Cats. He's where he belongs. At a program with hardly any expectations and he can satisfy the fan base with his 20 wins and an NCAA tournament appearance."

  • Replies 67
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have before so I don't know why we wouldn't now.

I put no as far as just about Tubby and his relations with UK unless it is relevant to the subject at hand.

Why not this is America...

 

That is a good point, we talk about Pitino anytime we want..... I want to change my vote to yes:lol:

Tubby is one of the best coaches in the game. He ran a great program at UK. He had a great winning percentage at UK. He did not make it to as many final 4's as the fans would have liked and his style of play was boring to many. He left with grace. His problem was his loyalty to the people helping him recruit. He took all the hit on recruiting. He made no changes to help in that area. If you notice he took none of his assistants with him to Minn. Any true college basketball fan is interested in Tubby's teams. We have a lot of UK fans that must be negative and right now they are having a hard time being negative so we bring Tubby back in to the picture.

Tubby is one of the best coaches in the game. He ran a great program at UK. He had a great winning percentage at UK. He did not make it to as many final 4's as the fans would have liked and his style of play was boring to many. He left with grace. His problem was his loyalty to the people helping him recruit. He took all the hit on recruiting. He made no changes to help in that area. If you notice he took none of his assistants with him to Minn. Any true college basketball fan is interested in Tubby's teams. We have a lot of UK fans that must be negative and right now they are having a hard time being negative so we bring Tubby back in to the picture.

 

 

 

The first part of your post was right on, but the last I disagree with. Talking about Tubby has nothing to do with UK fans being negative. There are many fans, like myself, who really like Tubby, and want to see him do well at Minnesota. We are able to keep up with him, and how he is doing at Minnesota by the threads on BGP.

The first part of your post was right on, but the last I disagree with. Talking about Tubby has nothing to do with UK fans being negative. There are many fans, like myself, who really like Tubby, and want to see him do well at Minnesota. We are able to keep up with him, and how he is doing at Minnesota by the threads on BGP.

 

:thumb:

Absolutely. I would MUCH rather read about Tubby and Minnesota than some of the other threads we see. Tubby is a big part of UK's history, ... he won a lot of games, brought a national championship back to UK with a team that nobody expected to win it, including the coach who left, ran the program with class and dignity.

Yes... He is a great person and a great coach... I always want to see how he's doing...

Absolutely, now that's he's not coaching at KY anymore, I can talk about him with clear emotions. For some reason, I have nothing but love for him now and wish him the best at Minnesota, unless of course, he's playing KY.

I voted yes. I am a Tubby fan and want to see him do good, but not against my Cats.

Should we post about any game that his team plays?

 

I mean this is a college basketball forum, Why are some of us drilled, and the thread is filled with negative remarks? When this is a basketball forum...

 

Why not.......:idunno:. This is a college basketball forum and the last I checked Minnesota was a college basketball team and Tubby Smith is their coach. I don't think that is against any rules.

Should some not like or want to read about then then the solution is simple, don't read or post on the thread :rolleyes:.....Duh!!:ohbrother:

Edited by oldrambler

^ I agree, I really don't understand the purpose of this post, other than to put Tubby's name out there again, since it hasn't been on this board so much now that we have Cal.

Yes... He is a great person and a great coach... I always want to see how he's doing...

 

Does winning a National Title classify you as being a great head coach? Just curious.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.