Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Verbal war starts with Preston Knowles.

Featured Replies

For all of you UofL fans that are being critical of UK fans please step back in time and remember: BCS National Champion Contenders and of course the infamous "Best College Town in America" ad campaign.

 

You guys are hypocrites.

 

Back to Knowles. He is an average college basketball player.

  • Replies 146
  • Views 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More like 49/51. don't give yourself too much credit.

It scares UL fans to think of how good UK is going to be this year.

 

I wouldn't know.

You mean like all of the UofL fans that were saying how great a pro QB Brohm was going to be before he had even been drafted.

 

 

You know I hate when UK fans act like some have in this thread, but like OR stated it goes both ways.

 

There's a big difference in the first part of your post. I was one of those guys, I am still clinging on to the hope that he'll get another sniff, we don't know. But while we were supporting Brohm, we weren't going around talking about what a kid from UK SAID, and saying how terrible he was. That's the difference, some of the joke UK fans on this board, don't really have a clue, and jsut go bye what they've read. In their minds the trophy should already be in the Kraft Center...well that is, until it gets vacated down the road.

For all of you UofL fans that are being critical of UK fans please step back in time and remember: BCS National Champion Contenders and of course the infamous "Best College Town in America" ad campaign.

 

You guys are hypocrites.

 

Back to Knowles. He is an average college basketball player.

 

I think he is above average. The "Best College Town in America" thing was stupid...and U of L, like it or not, was a very serious Title contender, albeit for one season.

There's a big difference in the first part of your post. I was one of those guys, I am still clinging on to the hope that he'll get another sniff, we don't know. But while we were supporting Brohm, we weren't going around talking about what a kid from UK SAID, and saying how terrible he was. That's the difference, some of the joke UK fans on this board, don't really have a clue, and jsut go bye what they've read. In their minds the trophy should already be in the Kraft Center...well that is, until it gets vacated down the road.

 

 

You are criticizing all UK fans for what a couple of fans have said on here about Knowles though. You know that all teams have some fans that are embarrassing to everyone. The vast majority of UK fans on here have been very supportive of Knowles, and have no problem with what he said.

I think he is above average.

 

Look its not an insult. To be an average D1 basketball player is pretty daggone good. Let me rephrase he is average for the level he plays on which is the highest amatuer level there is.

 

Afterall, he is the sixth man on his own team.

What else should he say? I'm an avid UK fan, but I see nothing at all wrong with his comments. I look for UK/UL to be a very entertaining game this year.

It scares UL fans to think of how good UK is going to be this year.

No, UofL fans are humored by the rediculous claims and expectations you have about your new coach and new players. Expectations should be competing for the conference title and earning a 4 seed or better in the tourney, not undefeated regular seasons, Final Fours, and bringing UofL into NAIA status.

 

There is nothing wrong with being excited, but your expectations are built on scouts and highschool play. Beat UCONN and North Carolina then I'll be concerned, until you actually prove something your hype is just hype.

No, UofL fans are humored by the rediculous claims and expectations you have about your new coach and new players. Expectations should be competing for the conference title and earning a 4 seed or better in the tourney, not undefeated regular seasons, Final Fours, and bringing UofL into NAIA status.

 

There is nothing wrong with being excited, but your expectations are built on scouts and highschool play. Beat UCONN and North Carolina then I'll be concerned, until you actually prove something your hype is just hype.

 

You are right, but let's not act like it is just hype from UK fans. National experts and analysts are in on it as well.

It scares UL fans to think of how good UK is going to be this year.

 

Why?

That may apply to nutjobs who live vicariously through their sports teams. Those of us who put sports in its proper perspective recognize that UK should be pretty darned good, and let the chips fall where they may.

 

I bet 75 percent of the folks on this board think I lay awake at night worrying about UK, which I find really, really hysterically funny.

 

:thumb::thumb: :thumb:

For all of you UofL fans that are being critical of UK fans please step back in time and remember: BCS National Champion Contenders and of course the infamous "Best College Town in America" ad campaign.

 

You guys are hypocrites.

 

Back to Knowles. He is an average college basketball player.

 

Like it or not, in 2006 UofL was closer to being in the BCS National Championship than UK has ever been...

Like it or not, in 2006 UofL was closer to being in the BCS National Championship than UK has ever been...

 

Do you REALLY want to turn this into a football thread? :lol:

 

For the record, I have no problem with what Preston said. I would have traded anyone on UK's roster for him the last two years outside Meeks and Patterson for him. This year is a different story though.

Do you REALLY want to turn this into a football thread? :lol:

 

Not at all. Just addressing a post that was obviously inaccurate. :thumb:

Like it or not, in 2006 UofL was closer to being in the BCS National Championship than UK has ever been...

 

Congrats on being close. I was referring to 2007 when the road to the BCS championship hit pot hole in Lexington. A loss that the program has never recovered from. Talk about a paper tiger.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.