Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Verbal war starts with Preston Knowles.

Featured Replies

Like it or not, in 2006 UofL was closer to being in the BCS National Championship than UK has ever been...

 

Nobody has said different. If we are talking about unrealistic expectations.. the football title talk and "we're the next Miami" deserve to be mentioned in this thread.

  • Replies 146
  • Views 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats on being close. I was referring to 2007 when the road to the BCS championship hit pot hole in Lexington. A loss that the program has never recovered from. Talk about a paper tiger.

 

Supposing UofL wins that game, don't you think they hit another pothole pretty quickly afterward? It was a 6-6 team after all. And I still have magazines that mistakenly touted UofL as a contender, so (as was mentioned earlier in this thread about this year's UK hoops squad) it wasn't just Cardinal fans who had starry-eyes, but national prognosticators as well.

Look its not an insult. To be an average D1 basketball player is pretty daggone good. Let me rephrase he is average for the level he plays on which is the highest amatuer level there is.

 

Afterall, he is the sixth man on his own team.

 

"Average" players aren't among the top five defensive stoppers in the country.

Supposing UofL wins that game, don't you think they hit another pothole pretty quickly afterward? It was a 6-6 team after all. And I still have magazines that mistakenly touted UofL as a contender, so (as was mentioned earlier in this thread about this year's UK hoops squad) it wasn't just Cardinal fans who had starry-eyes, but national prognosticators as well.

 

Sounds like UK going into this season doesn't it? Yet we are crazy? I'm struggling to find the logic here.

I've read about 40 more ridiculous comments in this thread alone then what Preston said. To be honest, I couldn't even finish reading it. This is going to be a busy year for the mods in this forum.

I've read about 40 more ridiculous comments in this thread alone then what Preston said. To be honest, I couldn't even finish reading it. This is going to be a busy year for the mods in this forum.

 

You are correct.

Sounds like UK going into this season doesn't it? Yet we are crazy? I'm struggling to find the logic here.

 

That UK posts a .500 record? :D

Congrats on being close. I was referring to 2007 when the road to the BCS championship hit pot hole in Lexington. A loss that the program has never recovered from. Talk about a paper tiger.

 

So the credit is now to UK? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

 

Thanks. I needed a good laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It scares UL fans to think of how good UK is going to be this year.

 

Ugh...not me! I could care less.

 

 

 

That may apply to nutjobs who live vicariously through their sports teams. Those of us who put sports in its proper perspective recognize that UK should be pretty darned good, and let the chips fall where they may.

 

Say it ain't so Schue? People living vicariously through their sports progams?? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

In my Opinion John Wall & Eric Bledsoe will eat Preston Knowles lunch!

Go Big Blue

 

I want to see UL press this UK team, it will be bye bye birdies. Michael Porter will not be bring the ball up the floor this year.

I want to see UL press this UK team, it will be bye bye birdies. Michael Porter will not be bring the ball up the floor this year.

U of L could play a nasty, nasty zone against UK....I am sure we'll see that.

No, UofL fans are humored by the rediculous claims and expectations you have about your new coach and new players. Expectations should be competing for the conference title and earning a 4 seed or better in the tourney, not undefeated regular seasons, Final Fours, and bringing UofL into NAIA status.

 

There is nothing wrong with being excited, but your expectations are built on scouts and highschool play. Beat UCONN and North Carolina then I'll be concerned, until you actually prove something your hype is just hype.

 

GREAT POST RRR! :ylsuper::ylsuper:

 

You are right, but let's not act like it is just hype from UK fans. National experts and analysts are in on it as well.

 

So what if you don't care what the experts say either? It means NOTHING unless they win!

 

And before any of you people get all crappy with me. Let me get something straight. I wish well for UK. While it chokes me at times to say that (strictly because of their fans)...I do feel that way (ok except when they play UL). Like Rockmom said our state represented well in any sport is a good thing. Even if alot of you can't take off your red/blue colored glasses to see that fact.

Edited by TonyDanza

^^Let's not pretend that it is all one sided.

 

Presenting your National Power Louisiville Cardinal football team...:D

U of L could play a nasty, nasty zone against UK....I am sure we'll see that.

 

From what I've seen, that means Darnell Dodson could set a single game record for three point attempts...:scared:

"Average" players aren't among the top five defensive stoppers in the country.

 

Two words: SIXTH MAN. That means there are 5 better on his own team.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.