Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Cincinnati Reds Offseason

Featured Replies

Orlando Cabrera, the SS.

 

Awesome would be good news.

  • Replies 219
  • Views 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awesome would be good news.

 

:thumb: :clap:

Not true. Votto was drafted as a third basemen.

 

Wrong. Look at this link from MLB's site. Votto is the #44 player drafted and third down on this list. Player position says C not 3B.

 

LINK

  • Author

It looks like the Reds will re-sign Gomes as well.

 

Here's the lineup now, if I was filling out the card.

 

Stubbs - CF

Cabrera - SS

Votto - 1B

Rolen - 3B

Phillips - 2B

Bruce - RF

Gomes and/or Dickerson - LF

Hernandez - C

 

Cabrera should really help this ballclub. If he can hit .275, it's a HUGE upgrade.

Wrong. Look at this link from MLB's site. Votto is the #44 player drafted and third down on this list. Player position says C not 3B.

 

LINK

 

Correct.

Rosales and Tavares (and cash) traded for Aaron Miles.

  • Author

A buddy of mine just texted me the same, HT.

 

I thought Aaron Miles was doing commentary for ESPN. :lol:

I really wish they would've went after Damon. He would've been a big upgrade over Dickerson in LF.

  • Author

Miles is a career .282 hitter. In 75 games with the Cubs last year, he hit .185.

 

In '08, he hit .317 for St. Louis with 4 HR & 31 RBI in 134 games. (408 Plate appearances.)

 

In '07, he hit .290 in 133 games (449 plate appearances.)

 

I like this trade. It solidifies Stubbs' starting spot in Center. Dickerson will become the backup CF. I think this means we re-signed (or will re-sign soon) Gomes, who will platoon in LF again.

 

Also, it provides another quality bat and a guy who can play the middle infield.

  • Author

The Reds apparently saved $1.3 million on this deal.

  • Author

To Clarify:

 

The Red sent Taveras & Rosales for Miles & a PTBNL or cash....

Wrong. Look at this link from MLB's site. Votto is the #44 player drafted and third down on this list. Player position says C not 3B.

 

LINK

 

 

Interesting. That is the first time I have ever seen or heard anything about him being drafted as a catcher. I have other links that show him being drafted as a 3B. I don't have them saved her at work, but can provide them when I get home.

To Clarify:

 

The Red sent Taveras & Rosales for Miles & a PTBNL or cash....

 

 

I don't care it they got westsider in return. At least they got rid of Taveras's contract. :dancingpa:dancingpa

I don't care it they got westsider in return. At least they got rid of Taveras's contract.
You've never seen me play second base. :lol: :lol:

 

Actually, Miles' contract is nearly as bad ...

You've never seen me play second base. :lol: :lol:

 

Actually, Miles' contract is nearly as bad ...

He only made $2.2 m last year and he is a proven utility infielder who can hit. He hit .313 in 2008 but was hampered by a strained right shoulder and hyperextended right elbow last year and only 157 ABs, He is a lifetime .282 hitter and has a .972 fielding average. He can backup Phillips, Rolen and Cabrera without the Reds losing much on offense. He is also a switch hitter which makes him valuable off the bench. I think this is a great pickup for an outfielder who was a major flop @ $4m and a so called promising utility guy who hasn't proven he can hit at the Major league level.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.