Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Cincinnati Reds Offseason

Featured Replies

  • Author

Reds Aren't in Fire Sale Mode...yet

 

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2009/11/11/reds-arent-in-a-fire-sale-mode-yet-at-least/

 

Looks like the Reds have some interest in Miguel Olivo if they are not to resign Hernandez at a reasonable price. I'd love either move. My gut tells me Hernandez is probably better defensively, but I don't know much about Olivo's defense.

  • Replies 219
  • Views 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ I was hoping no one saw that. :lol: It's going to be a long season.

Looks like the Reds have re-signed Ramon Hernandez.

Looks like the Reds have re-signed Ramon Hernandez.

 

 

Any details on the length or money involved?

Any details on the length or money involved?

 

C Trent said one year with an option (I think). No idea on money.

It would be still a good idea for get Hernandez back down to the bottom part of the order and give Hanigan a few more chances to show his on-base skills are legit. It isn't like a lot of other teams were going to be knocking down the door to sign Hernandez.

 

And ... why such a hurry to resign Hernandez? Wouldn't it be smart to see who gets non-tendered shortly?

Edited by westsider

  • Author

Hernandez's deal is $3 million in 2010 with the option being $3.25 million.

 

I like that deal.

Hernandez's deal is $3 million in 2010 with the option being $3.25 million.

 

I like that deal.

 

Great deal for both sides!

I don't even want to open the link.:cry:

 

I made the mistake of opening it. What disturbed me the most was the fact that he even acts like the job isn't Stubbs' to lose in center right now. Taveras should have to earn absolutely every single at bat he gets next year by showing ability in spring training. There is no way you can even consider the job partly his.

  • Author
I made the mistake of opening it. What disturbed me the most was the fact that he even acts like the job isn't Stubbs' to lose in center right now. Taveras should have to earn absolutely every single at bat he gets next year by showing ability in spring training. There is no way you can even consider the job partly his.

 

It bothers me how he always discredits the question about Phillips moving to SS. He's open about needing an upgrade at SS, but refuses to acknowledge that Phillips could make the switch.

It bothers me how he always discredits the question about Phillips moving to SS. He's open about needing an upgrade at SS, but refuses to acknowledge that Phillips could make the switch.

 

I agree. He has to realize he's managing a small market team. They require such switches. The Reds do not have the money to bring in a shortstop as good as (I assume) Phillips could do it. Besides what are they going to do with Frazier now at second? Take the time and resources to build him up then let him waste away on a minor league bus? Or trade him away and kick ourselves in the rear when he meets his potential one day?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.