Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Cincinnati Reds Offseason

Featured Replies

My fear is that Reds go halfway between trying to win and rebuilding. That way we're totally frustrated by July.

 

If we're in a true rebuilding mode commit to it.

  • Replies 219
  • Views 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Reds aren't expected to sign anyone in the off season? It really amazes me each year people go nuts in April waiting for opening day tickets to go on sale, come 3 months later we are talking about Bengals training camp.

My fear is that Reds go halfway between trying to win and rebuilding. That way we're totally frustrated by July.

 

If we're in a true rebuilding mode commit to it.

 

I never really thought about it like that but I feel like that's exactly what we've come to. A gray area in the middle.

My fear is that Reds go halfway between trying to win and rebuilding. That way we're totally frustrated by July.

 

If we're in a true rebuilding mode commit to it.

 

 

I agree. I say bring up the best option between Heisey and Francisco and put him in LF. Move Phillips to SS and give Frazier a shot at 2B. I'm tired of going with other team's rejects and thinking they are all of a sudden going to be the answer to all your problems.

I agree. I say bring up the best option between Heisey and Francisco and put him in LF. Move Phillips to SS and give Frazier a shot at 2B. I'm tired of going with other team's rejects and thinking they are all of a sudden going to be the answer to all your problems.
Wasn't Brandon Phillips an Indians reject?
Wasn't Brandon Phillips an Indians reject?

 

 

Come on westsider. You know what I meant. How much of an opportunity did Phillips have with the Indians? Are you going to compare him to Laynce Nix, Willy Taveras, Corey Patterson and the likes?

Come on westsider. You know what I meant. How much of an opportunity did Phillips have with the Indians? Are you going to compare him to Laynce Nix, Willy Taveras, Corey Patterson and the likes?
Actually, Phillips had two or three chances with the Indians. Each has to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. And he already had a leg up on the other guys you mentioned because he's a middle infielder.

 

Just as trading for a team's excess in some areas shouldn't be just written off as taking "someone's rejects," either ...

I agree. I say bring up the best option between Heisey and Francisco and put him in LF. Move Phillips to SS and give Frazier a shot at 2B. I'm tired of going with other team's rejects and thinking they are all of a sudden going to be the answer to all your problems.
Frazier was moved out of the middle infield, apparently, because the organization decided his defensive skills were lacking there.

How long until the Reds trade Votto? Even with him having the trouble last year he could draw huge interest on the trading block. Small contract would be easy to move. With Alonso supposedly close why not move him before his contract is up?

How long until the Reds trade Votto? Even with him having the trouble last year he could draw huge interest on the trading block. Small contract would be easy to move. With Alonso supposedly close why not move him before his contract is up?

If Alonso is ready, Votto to left field. Trading our best hitter ain't the answer IMO.

If Alonso is ready, Votto to left field. Trading our best hitter ain't the answer IMO.

 

:thumb: I forgot he could play outfield!

Frazier was moved out of the middle infield, apparently, because the organization decided his defensive skills were lacking there.

 

 

Since when? The latest I had read was that he was going to play 2nd base in the Arizona Fall Leauge.

Actually, Phillips had two or three chances with the Indians. Each has to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. And he already had a leg up on the other guys you mentioned because he's a middle infielder.

 

Just as trading for a team's excess in some areas shouldn't be just written off as taking "someone's rejects," either ...

 

 

Phillips was given one chance with the Indians, and that was during the 2003 season. Most other organizations that are successful are going to go with their young guys who have been successful at each stop in the minors over 28 and above players that have shown over their major league careers that they are average players at best. The Reds for the last few years have chosen to go with the veteran players over their young prospects.

If Alonso is ready, Votto to left field. Trading our best hitter ain't the answer IMO.

 

That has been rumored since the Dunn days and he can't be any worse than Dunn in the OF.... I am for it.

Alonzo was hitting only .182 in the fall league. He's not ready.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.