Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Cincinnati Reds Offseason

Featured Replies

  • Author
I agree. He has to realize he's managing a small market team. They require such switches. The Reds do not have the money to bring in a shortstop as good as (I assume) Phillips could do it. Besides what are they going to do with Frazier now at second? Take the time and resources to build him up then let him waste away on a minor league bus? Or trade him away and kick ourselves in the rear when he meets his potential one day?

 

Frazier has played virtually every position and has played them well, from what I have read.

 

But I agree, it is strange & frustrating.

  • Replies 219
  • Views 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why weaken two positions by moving a Gold Glove second baseman to shortstop?

  • Author
Why weaken two positions by moving a Gold Glove second baseman to shortstop?

 

To strengthen the lineup.

Does anyone else think Janish could do the job everyday? I do. I've said since his call up to play him everyday.

  • Author
Does anyone else think Janish could do the job everyday? I do. I've said since his call up to play him everyday.

 

I wish he would've gotten to play everyday last year so we wouldn't have to speculate.

 

Defensively, yes, he can play everyday. He had a lot of extra base hits for his short stint of playing everyday late in the year, but he didn't do that well overall.

 

I think Janish is going to be the everyday SS whether we like it or not.

To strengthen the lineup.

 

It would really hurt defensively. Jocketty is going to build this team around pitching and defense. An infield of Rolen, Janish, BP, and Votto has to be one of the best defensively.

  • Author
It would really hurt defensively. Jocketty is going to build this team around pitching and defense. An infield of Rolen, Janish, BP, and Votto has to be one of the best defensively.

 

It'd be a very good defensive lineup. Defensive lineups don't score you many runs, either, which has been the Reds' biggest problem.

 

Move Phillips to SS and let Frazier play at 2nd. You add another quality bat to the lineup & Janish can still play some 2B, SS or 3B. Or, dare I say pitch.

I was going back over some notes from the last week and saw that the Reds decided not to bring Johnny Gomes back. Where does this leave them in LF?

It'd be a very good defensive lineup. Defensive lineups don't score you many runs, either, which has been the Reds' biggest problem.

 

Move Phillips to SS and let Frazier play at 2nd. You add another quality bat to the lineup & Janish can still play some 2B, SS or 3B. Or, dare I say pitch.

I agree with that. Somehow I doubt we'll see it.

Phillies are getting Halladay and in other news the Reds hope to resign Gomes.. get your season tickets now.

I was going back over some notes from the last week and saw that the Reds decided not to bring Johnny Gomes back. Where does this leave them in LF?

 

They are still looking to sign him possibly, it actually looks and sounds pretty good from what Gomes has said. They just non-tendered him because he was due make $1.5 million in arbitration possibly.

I am a depressed Reds fan. Uncle Carl is gone and not much has changed. Firesale in July coming.

Reds reworked Rolen's contract. He will make 6 million this season instead of 11. In exchange he gets 2 year extension worth 6.5 million per year. Plus a 5 million signing bonus over the next three years.

Reds reworked Rolen's contract. He will make 6 million this season instead of 11. In exchange he gets 2 year extension worth 6.5 million per year. Plus a 5 million signing bonus over the next three years.

 

The economics make it a lot better. You can certainly do a lot worse he is 25/90 in the bank. I just hope we get 425-450 at bats.

  • Author

The Reds re-signed Laynce Nix to a minor league deal.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.