Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Cincinnati Reds Offseason

Featured Replies

  • Author

The Reds are currently negotiating with Ramon Hernandez, although it's unclear if they'll be able to resign him. It looks like we'll decline the option, buy him out for $1 million & try to re-sign him.

 

I don't think you can go wrong with re-signing Hernandez for a lower price or letting him walk. I'd put the cap on him at about $6 mill.

  • Replies 219
  • Views 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I'd love for the Reds to pursue Marco Scutaro to fill in at SS. He's solid defensively & would fit in very nicely at the top of our lineup.

  • Author

Miguel Olivo is also a decent option at catcher if Hernandez does not resign with the Reds.

 

Olivo has some pretty good pop & had a decent year for the Royals. They declined his $3.3 million option today.

  • Author

Any chance that the Reds pursue Mark Derosa? I think we missed the boat on him last year; however, now that Rolen is in Cincy, I'm not sure where Derosa would play. Our biggest need is a SS, and unless we move Phillips to short, Derosa would be pushed to the outfield.

I don't think they have the money to get either here, but do they at least inquire on Damon or Matsui for the LF position?

I don't think they have the money to get either here, but do they at least inquire on Damon or Matsui for the LF position?

 

With his knees Matsui is strictly a DH at this point. He didn't play the outfield all year.

With his knees Matsui is strictly a DH at this point. He didn't play the outfield all year.

 

True. I haven't done much research on the situation and also do not follow the Yankees at all so I'm not sure about either player. Both however are above average at the plate and could help out with the offense if both Hannigan and Janish end up in the line up.

  • Author
I don't think they have the money to get either here, but do they at least inquire on Damon or Matsui for the LF position?

 

I don't see them pursuing another Left handed bat. If one comes available, maybe; however, both Matsui & Damon are poor defensively.

  • Author

What about the possibility of adding Melvin Mora? I have no idea how much his asking price is, but he's a veteran bat who has played virtually every position.

 

Mora is 37.

What about the possibility of adding Melvin Mora? I have no idea how much his asking price is, but he's a veteran bat who has played virtually every position.

 

Mora is 37.

And on the downhill slide with only one good year since 2006. With Rolen on board, he has no place with this team.
I don't see them pursuing another Left handed bat. If one comes available, maybe; however, both Matsui & Damon are poor defensively.
I wouldn't sign Damon, either, unless you get him on a cheap one-year deal like Abreu. Damon's not a good outfielder and he has a horrible arm, but the man can still hit and get on base. He would look much better in the 1-2 spots than the crap that Dusty has been putting up there the last two years.

Any chance the Reds offer Alex Gonzalez a low ball offer since the Sox didn't pick up his option?

Any chance the Reds offer Alex Gonzalez a low ball offer since the Sox didn't pick up his option?

 

If Walt does that then he needs his head examined. I wouldnt take him if he was free.

  • Author
And on the downhill slide with only one good year since 2006. With Rolen on board, he has no place with this team.

 

Unfortunately, it seems that those types of players are the only ones that the Reds will "be able" to afford this offseason.

 

I'd like to see what Mora could do in the NL.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.