Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AAU in Northern Kentucky

Featured Replies

Parents need to just factor in the cost to get in as part of their fees for the season. As much as it is a pain in the butt they have bills to pay as well to keep those facilities running. Also, last I checked a business usually likes to turn a profit.

  • Replies 181
  • Views 32.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must have failed math. Sounds like someone else out there who can not comprehend economics. One dollar times two adults, possibly kids, grandparents multiplied by 10 plus weeks plus a tournament adds up to more than "no big difference". Personally I like the facility at Midwest just as good as SOAS and the officiating has to better then the bushleague refs at SOAS.

 

Go find out and report back. :thumb:

Parents need to just factor in the cost to get in as part of their fees for the season. As much as it is a pain in the butt they have bills to pay as well to keep those facilities running. Also, last I checked a business usually likes to turn a profit.

 

I thought they offered a season pass that people could purchase the first week of the season for like $30/$35 bucks?? This brings the price down considerably, and the deeper your team goes into the tournament, the better deal this becomes. Can anyone confirm if they still offer this option for this season? I think more people should take advantage of this offer. I believe it's an unlimited admission pass.

I thought they offered a season pass that people could purchase the first week of the season for like $30/$35 bucks?? This brings the price down considerably, and the deeper your team goes into the tournament, the better deal this becomes. Can anyone confirm if they still offer this option for this season? I think more people should take advantage of this offer. I believe it's an unlimited admission pass.

 

They still do, my wife bought one two weeks ago.

How were the games on Sunday, 11/15? Any games that stood out?

5th grade Wolfpack lost to the Heat by 1

 

7th grade Wolfpack beat 8th Jets

 

8th Warriors beat tri-State Warriors

You must have failed math. Sounds like someone else out there who can not comprehend economics. One dollar times two adults, possibly kids, grandparents multiplied by 10 plus weeks plus a tournament adds up to more than "no big difference". Personally I like the facility at Midwest just as good as SOAS and the officiating has to better then the bushleague refs at SOAS.

 

I think you'll find that, especially on Sunday's, the core of SOAS officials are some of the best you'll get. I've been on Sat and Sun as both a coach and parent and have had little if any problems.

 

If anything, I think they are too liberal with most of the rules. They take more than most other places, seemingly in an effort to appease coaches. If you attend just about any high school (or higher) game, you'll notice that there is a certain amount of decorum used by players and staff. This seems missing in many of their teams.

I also believe that the refs at SOAS do a good job. Officiating is alot like coaching....you'll find some good ones and some bad ones. Overall they do a good job.

Does anybody know how the 2 5th grade teams (majic and wildcats) are doing in the sixth grade league?

Where is a good place to play Thanksgiving weekend? I am looking for a place for my 5th grade team where we can see some pretty good competition. I would prefer not to play on sunday so Friday and Saturday will be open.

Where is a good place to play Thanksgiving weekend? I am looking for a place for my 5th grade team where we can see some pretty good competition. I would prefer not to play on sunday so Friday and Saturday will be open.

 

Midwest Hoops (old BCI) is having a round robin tournament on Saturday Nov 28th. Call 859-609-7111.

Does anybody know how the 2 5th grade teams (majic and wildcats) are doing in the sixth grade league?

 

Standings - 2009 - 12 YEAR OLD BOYS AAU BASKETBALL

You must have failed math. Sounds like someone else out there who can not comprehend economics. One dollar times two adults, possibly kids, grandparents multiplied by 10 plus weeks plus a tournament adds up to more than "no big difference". Personally I like the facility at Midwest just as good as SOAS and the officiating has to better then the bushleague refs at SOAS.

 

I have been taking teams to SOAS for 6 years and I really have no problem with the officiating.

 

I have more of a problem with how some of the parents act like horse's patooties concerning the refereering in a CHILDRENS' game than the officiating.

I have been taking teams to SOAS for 6 years and I really have no problem with the officiating.

 

I have more of a problem with how some of the parents act like horse's patooties concerning the refereering in a CHILDRENS' game than the officiating.

 

I absolutely 100% agree. Coach your team and realize that calls will go against you. As a team adapt and overcome.

I have been taking teams to SOAS for 6 years and I really have no problem with the officiating.

 

I have more of a problem with how some of the parents act like horse's patooties concerning the refereering in a CHILDRENS' game than the officiating.

 

Finally a voice of reason! :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.