Best Looking Field In Eky

Mr Network ran track? ;)

I should have said, "Track and FIELD".

The Shot Put and Discus competition would held be as soon as we stepped off the bus. We would be done by 9:30-10:00 AM. We spent the rest of the day trying to stay out of trouble. :D

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
Not trying to be a homer, but Belfry's new stadium (field, bleachers, locker rooms, etc.) is second to none in the state of KY.

IMO, it is hands down the best field in EKY.

Only thing lacking is the two $20k a year press boxes that Trinity has, and the people willing to pay that much to watch a high school football game. :D

hands down? ROFL. You are definitely a homer, but that is alright. You have not been to LCC. The jumbotron sets these two apart IMO.

hands down? ROFL. You are definitely a homer, but that is alright. You have not been to LCC. The jumbotron sets these two apart IMO.

Just for a couple of years...... ;), but for now, at least we got the rest of the school done :cool:

I really don't care to much football fields that has a track around them.

It seems like you are 80 yards away from the sidelines.

At our (Middlesboro) field and others like Corbin and Pineville you are right on top of the action.

Middlesboro did have a good playing surface and a historical (read old) set of bleachers but the had the absolute worst locker room I was ever associated with my entire career. Of course I graduated in 1988 so it may have changed but it really took away from everything else.

As far as grass fields Putnam Stadium hands down. As far as turf field, LETCHER CENTRAL, HANDS DOWN! (Have to include the $165,000.00 instant replay scoreboard. There are only 2 others in the state of Kentucky. The other 2 are UK and UL. They hav ea 2 million dollar field to go with it. The same turf that Auburn uses!

I'll agree with you, any high school team that has one of those should make a ranking in the nation for nicest fields!

What about Pikeville?

Or Belfry's new field?

Without a doubt it Belfrys new feild. Pikevilles surface is just as nice, but when you take into account the stadium, I think Belfry wins.

I've played at Putnam and been on the field at Belfry's new stadium. Putnam is nice. But Belfry's facilities are in a league of their own!