Best Looking Field In Eky

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putnam lacks PLAYER facilities in every way imagineable! SAD!! I haven't seen the remoldeling.(haha) But any team visiting would think it was a dump.

Putnam lacks impressive press boxes.

In fact, unless they built one last year, there isn't a visitors press box at all. They definately need updated.

I also never liked the open facing underneath the outside of the bleachers. Dirt and garbage visible to newcomers....ugh!

As for the enclosed concrete horseshoe, the field conditions, atmosphere, newly constructed public restrooms, ticket counters and concession stands.....top notch stuff!!

The letcher pics certainly do scream state of the art. Individual stadium seating, Top notch press boxes, nice looking field,

I have a couple questions.

Where are the team locker rooms?

What are the two doors beneath the press boxes?

Are there 2 concession stands or are fans to walk around the field?

Is there a walkway around the field and bathrooms on the visitors side?

I cant wait to see Johnson Centrals field this thursday night. The field crew usually does a good job on the field for the Apple Bowl. My favorite was the Apples around every 10 yard marker. I think they also done a basket of apples in the middle. Although the field is looking alittle more rugged than in years past.

Pikeville and Belfrys fields are both awesome but (and as a die hard Panther it KILLS me to type this)belfry has the edge. We need visiting bleechers at W.C.Hambley but we cant because of the baseball field.

I know Pikeville and Belfry are 2 of the top fields in EKY and I have to agree with you that Belfry does have the edge and Pikeville does need seats on the vistior side to make it complete but like you I don't see that happening with the baseball infield being there. Regardless, I would put Pikeville's and Belfry's field up against any other in EKY.

Pikeville does need seats on the vistior side to make it complete but like you I don't see that happening with the baseball infield being there. Regardless, I would put Pikeville's and Belfry's field up against any other in EKY.

I think this is one of the reason's why Belfry's field is nicer. Pikeville's multi-use facility takes away from the football "stadium" effect that you get at Belfry.

I think this is one of the reason's why Belfry's field is nicer. Pikeville's multi-use facility takes away from the football "stadium" effect that you get at Belfry.

Thats what Im talking about,but still I was at the college game against North Greenville a few weeks ago and some of the NGC fans were saying that W.C.

Hambley is one the nicest fields they play on.

The best playing surface in the state is at Williamsburg's Finley Legion Field. As far as field only, I've never seen one any better. Now if you add in facilities as well, Williamsburg doesn't measure up. But I'd stack the field up against any and all including Commonwealth.

Where did you hear this from???

Several Coaches an Teachers... The current scoreboard will be used on the Baseball field... I was told when the people who gave the money for the turf saw the current scoreboard they said it wasn't sufficient to the stadium, that it needed to be bigger and better, or something like that...

Several Coaches an Teachers... The current scoreboard will be used on the Baseball field... I was told when the people who gave the money for the turf saw the current scoreboard they said it wasn't sufficient to the stadium, that it needed to be bigger and better, or something like that...

Correct, but this is a few years off.

Correct, but this is a few years off.

Your probably correct but I was told the new scoreboard is already ordered but wont be in until after the season... The baseball team has beentold the current football scoreboard should be ready to move over to the baseball field after the season is over...