Best Looking Field In Eky

Even if they were, I would still rank Putnam Stadium as the top place in E.Ky to play and watch a football game on a Friday night.

Not here...the locker rooms at Putnam are a joke. The really sad thing is that the home team's isn't any better than the visitors. Both are dank, nasty dungeonesque places that cry out for remodeling. Does HGTV have a locker room spruce up show...maybe Designing for the Jocks or Trading Locker Spaces...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as grass fields Putnam Stadium hands down. As far as turf field, LETCHER CENTRAL, HANDS DOWN! (Have to include the $165,000.00 instant replay scoreboard. There are only 2 others in the state of Kentucky. The other 2 are UK and UL. They hav ea 2 million dollar field to go with it. The same turf that Auburn uses!

Not here...the locker rooms at Putnam are a joke. The really sad thing is that the home team's isn't any better than the visitors. Both are dank, nasty dungeonesque places that cry out for remodeling. Does HGTV have a locker room spruce up show...maybe Designing for the Jocks or Trading Locker Spaces...

I know that everyone will agree that the locker rooms are in dire need of remodeling, but it still shouldn't take away from the beauty of Putnam Stadium, and what a great place it is to play, and watch a football game. How much time is spent in the locker rooms each game? 10-15 minutes tops.

As far as grass fields Putnam Stadium hands down. As far as turf field, LETCHER CENTRAL, HANDS DOWN! (Have to include the $165,000.00 instant replay scoreboard. There are only 2 others in the state of Kentucky. The other 2 are UK and UL. They hav ea 2 million dollar field to go with it. The same turf that Auburn uses!

I'm pretty sure Highlands has a Jumbotron.

Anyone who has been in the locker rooms at Putnam takes a step back in time but the Tomcat side locker rooms are much different than the visitors side. It was 'renovated' two years ago.

As far as watching a game, Ashland's Putnam Field was a HORRIBLE experience for me. NOt because Rockcastle County lost the game but because the pressbox was PATHETIC!!!!

The field wasnt in that good of a shape but it was really late in the year and not many look good at that time of year. I would LOVE to go to an earlier season game there so I can get a real feel for what the field looks like in good condition.

Seats on one side of the field is not exactly an uncommon thing around high school sports. Painter, I didn't know that about Putnam's home locker rooms. The last time I was there, they were pretty nasty too, but then that was late November of 2002...:D

Seats on one side of the field is not exactly an uncommon thing around high school sports. Painter, I didn't know that about Putnam's home locker rooms. The last time I was there, they were pretty nasty too, but then that was late November of 2002...:D

Well it should be uncommon that is the worst setup going, they knew that when they built putnam 70 yrs ago! That stadium is around 70 yrs old an still there is not a better place to watch a game! I heard that we might be getting artifical turf in the next year or two I don't know how I feel about that just yet?? The locker rooms do need some work, A couple years ago they remodled the home side not sure about the vistors, definitely needs some work though.

As far as watching a game, Ashland's Putnam Field was a HORRIBLE experience for me. NOt because Rockcastle County lost the game but because the pressbox was PATHETIC!!!!

The field wasnt in that good of a shape but it was really late in the year and not many look good at that time of year. I would LOVE to go to an earlier season game there so I can get a real feel for what the field looks like in good condition.

Having the home an vistors on the same side is a terrible idea, I remember a few years ago at rockcastles field there principle came an told the ASHLAND side they were being to rowdy?? Its a football game people are suppost to get excited, I saw what happened an it was nothing out of the ordinary, a problem that would not be a problem if both teams had there own side, the way it was meant to be! :p