Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Saint Xavier 32 Trinity 7

Featured Replies

  • Replies 94
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I turned off the radio with 10 seconds left in the third, and X leading 13-7. Must have been a dramatic 4th quarter...

Do not count Trinity out of the state final yet. But I like X's chances.

Great win...but I think both teams have alot of work to do to reach their potential. The Tigers have some playmakers that are fun to watch, that's for sure. Was it my imagination, but are the Rock O & D-Lines bigger than usual? They looked very big which surprised me because I had read about how young they were this year. Overall, alot of good things going on for both squads and I suspect both will improve as the year goes on.

 

Congrats Tigers:thumb:

I picked X, but I didn't think it would be this bad. Is Trinity that bad or just playing the wrong personel. I saw the Cincy St X- Trinity game and it just doesn't look like Trinity from recent years.

Given how I spoke of the team earlier this season, what I am about to say will probably surprise many of you but I think that this team has potential for this season.

 

It was 13-7 going into the 4th quarter this year much like it was 10-6 going into the 4th last year. I think we know how the rematch turned out.

 

St.X came to play and looked good for the most part. They weren't as overwhelming as I anticipated, which also tells me either X wasn't as I thought or we aren't as bad.

 

Their D-line was the game winner for them in my mind. Kragthorpe looked good when he wasn't getting pressured hard and unfortunately for the Rock fans that was not as common a sight as we would have liked. Their offense was good but I didn't see much sustained until the 4th quarter when our D wore down.

 

We have our work cut out for us to look to pull our usual post-season turnaround but there is more to work with on this team than I originally thought. It definitely is possible if the pieces come together this season.

 

That said St.X did play a good game and deserved the win.

 

My biggest question is regarding both kickers tonight. Missing how many XPs and ours missing THREE field goal attempts! WOW! That is a freakishly off night.

Wow..... X vs who in state finals?

 

You clearly don't pay attention to the way this game has gone in the last few years:

 

2005: 48-16 St.X regular season 14-6 Trinity title game

 

2007: 25-16 St.X regular season 34-28 Trinity title game

 

2008: 30-6 St. X regular season 28-21 Trinity playoffs

 

 

It isn't a given, but it is by no means impossible. This team looks to have found some of the pieces and if they put them together they can make a run and give this St.X squad a serious fight in Bowling Green.

I picked X, but I didn't think it would be this bad. Is Trinity that bad or just playing the wrong personel. I saw the Cincy St X- Trinity game and it just doesn't look like Trinity from recent years.

 

With ya on that one.:thumb:

With ya on that one.:thumb:

 

Is this team as good as many of our previous ones? Probably not, I will attest to that. That said they do not look like the same team I saw to start the season and have progressed through their losses so far. They have potential, far more than I gave them credit for a few weeks ago.

Will history repeat itself? Sounds like the 4th was a doozy.

If both teams are in the finals, it will be the game of the year in the whole state of KY. I watched the championship 2 years ago and it was like watching 2 college teams play. IMO I think X will win the title this year.

You clearly don't pay attention to the way this game has gone in the last few years:

 

2005: 48-16 St.X regular season 14-6 Trinity title game

 

2007: 25-16 St.X regular season 34-28 Trinity title game

 

2008: 30-6 St. X regular season 28-21 Trinity playoffs

 

 

It isn't a given, but it is by no means impossible. This team looks to have found some of the pieces and if they put them together they can make a run and give this St.X squad a serious fight in Bowling Green.

 

Trinity is down this year and that is evident. Anything can happen but I believe it is X's year. One mans opinion.

Remember as I ramble...I'm a St. X fan. But...people forget how special Tim Phillips was. I can't wait to see his career turn into a pro career. He was superman and a difference maker in the 'up and coming' Rocks' argument about trophys versus life lessons. I will never argue that the process of a football season has no life lessons, but I will say that I hope Tom Jurich looks at Beattt and Co. for our U of L program. Great x and o coaches. Masterful job of preparing 16-19 for the playoffs but ordinary, non football opinions are not aware of the element of luck and momentum in game outcomes. Think about this...2005...game deciding roughing the passer against petrino called against St. X and it nullifies INT for St. X on game deciding td drive. 2006, Rocks are really really good. Beat Male. Well played. 2007, field goal away from a trophy. 2008, one score game. Great win by Rocks. Deuce Finch held out of game by concussion at the halfway point of third quarter. Oh, don't forget the Brian Brohm era. Count another 3 point trophy in 2003. This isn't about choking. It's football. Trinity Shamrocks, as it used to be traditionally called before the Beatty era, have more football brass but they are about one flag, three feet and one tim Phillips away from a different reality. I would easily trade my St. X twin trophies and rings just to hear Mike Glaser address his losing teams in 2003, 2005-2008. Trinity coaches play to win. No denying that or the potential lessons therewithin. Saint X will never go outside the family to find a coach who can out x and o the opponent. Good or bad, it's loyalty to the 'system' that separates the two schools and will continue to perplex parents that are smothered between deciding what's important in high school education and what will produce instant gratification. Win or lose in December, I will take the mentor versus offensive guru approach. But U of L could sure use some offensive behavior!! Beatty, Beatty, Beatty!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.