Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Pride in Highlands? Is Ernst Correct?

Featured Replies

Without question, it's B. How can you compare a regular season football game to an "all school" basketball state championship? IMO, apples and oranges. What Holmes accomplished was much more impressive.

 

Was Holmes playing the #1 team in the country according to some polls????:confused: I don't think so??? No one gave Highlands a chance. I think Holmes was suppossed to win..:D

  • Replies 179
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I get some of the sentiment here. All I know is i was finally able to walk into work and razz the GCL guys. And I reveled in it. I have had to listen to their crud for years.

(complete the sentence)

NKY rejoiced more when___________________________.

 

a) Highlands beat St. Xavier in football

 

b) Holmes won the Sweet 16 basketball tourny

 

-CF

 

I would say B.

There are two schools around here that I feel have fans that exude attitude and arrogance and make the program look bad at times, and I don't really care for either of them, and one of those is Highlands. However; I was thrilled to see them win and I think they earned it and deserve it and at no point did I think "man I wish it had been ___" instead. I think the only team who had a shot was Highlands and I'm glad they got it done. They weren't too hard to root for this time around...

 

Why don't you like the Birds? :idunno:

Best looking? Player_profile_Jared_Lorenzen.jpg

 

:eek::eek::eek:

 

You got a point....But the Superbowl Ring he totes aint too shabby! :thumb:

...man, I just don't know. I was the best man in an all-Highlands wedding, and I'm the godfather of a future-Bluebird, but I sure like to see Highlands lose. :D

 

If the rest were Highlands people, no way you were the best man.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:D

If the rest were Highlands people, no way you were the best man.

:D

 

I was the greatest man.

I think you vastly underestimate the level of anti-HHS that exists in NKY.

 

From what I've heard from you, the highest level of anti-HHS exists with you...and that is not underestimated.http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/ubb/cool.gif

If the rest were Highlands people, no way you were the best man. :D

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

From what I've heard from you, the highest level of anti-HHS exists with you...and that is not underestimated.http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/ubb/cool.gif

 

I think that he has been very objective and posed a good question. He's definitely not going to be sitting in the stands with Birds fans any time soon, but he isn't blinded by his CovCath fandom. I think that both of your schools stink :D (that was a joke.)

I think you vastly underestimate the level of anti-HHS that exists in NKY.
It appears you vastly overestimate it. We all may be rivals, but when it comes to outside forces, we band together as one. This win was a win, not just for Highlands...not just for NKY..but for the whole of Kentucky. If there is some anti-Highlands sentiment, I think you'll find it mostly outside the borders of NKY.
I did sincerely want CovCath to win state in 2006 after Highlands was eliminated.

 

I do enjoy the rivalry but I can see past it.

I think the vast majority of people take this same mature view of things. It seems the enormity of this supposed animosity is really an issue only in the eyes of those who hold that view.
Best looking? Player_profile_Jared_Lorenzen.jpg

 

:eek::eek::eek:

 

Why is it that everyone hates winners? Sounds like there is a little jealousy going on. :D

  • Author
I think that he has been very objective and posed a good question. He's definitely not going to be sitting in the stands with Birds fans any time soon,

 

You would be incorrect. Dead center Friday night.

 

ARupp could not be any more wrong in his assessment of my HHS hatred.

  • Author
It appears you vastly overestimate it. We all may be rivals, but when it comes to outside forces, we band together as one. This win was a win, not just for Highlands...not just for NKY..but for the whole of Kentucky. If there is some anti-Highlands sentiment, I think you'll find it mostly outside the borders of NKY.

 

 

Believe what you wish, my friend, but you're living in a 41075 cocoon if you believe that the majority of people in Hebron, Ft Mitchell, or Alexandria are beaming with pride.

 

I'm not saying its right. I'm also not living in fantasy land.

 

Your last line could not be more naive.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.