Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Pride in Highlands? Is Ernst Correct?

Featured Replies

Believe what you wish, my friend, but you're living in a 41075 cocoon if you believe that the majority of people in Hebron, Ft Mitchell, or Alexandria are beaming with pride.

 

I'm not saying its right. I'm also not living in fantasy land.

 

Your last line could not be more naive.

 

And you know what the majority of people in these communities think? Gettin a little deep in here:lol:

  • Replies 179
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
And you know what the majority of people in these communities think? Gettin a little deep in here:lol:

 

Lets put it this way. I know more about how these other communities think that the average gent from Ft T.

 

Look. If I'm a HHS guy I could care less what others think. I'm sure you'd agree. Some FT T people seem to really be upset that I point out the obvious.

 

The point of this thread was to question Ernst's thinking. That's not a criticism of him. I'm think he does a nice job. I just don't necessarily agree.

Lets put it this way. I know more about how these other communities think that the average gent from Ft T.

 

Look. If I'm a HHS guy I could care less what others think. I'm sure you'd agree. Some FT T people seem to really be upset that I point out the obvious.

 

The point of this thread was to question Ernst's thinking. That's not a criticism of him. I'm think he does a nice job. I just don't necessarily agree.

 

Well all I really have to go on is what I heard today. All congrats and pride. Oh except from the Elder guy and the Moeller guy. They were just trying to avoid me. Guess if your presumptions are anywhere near being true, one would seem better off being the hated rather than the hater..

Clyde,

 

I have mixed feelings on this one. However, my gut says privately I think Ryan nailed the sentiment. Publicly I think a lot of people keep their defenses up.

 

For what it is worth, I partied with Ryan after the game. Good times for sure and it was a celebration. Ryan sure knows how to work a crowd. :cool:

 

I will say this, this former Beechwood guy is overwhelmed with pride from the HHS victory. But then again, I root for every KY team against every out of state team. :D

 

Ah the perfect storm!

  • Author
Guess if your presumptions are anywhere near being true, one would seem better off being the hated rather than the hater..

 

Without question.

  • Author
Clyde,

 

I have mixed feelings on this one. However, my gut says privately I think Ryan nailed the sentiment. Publicly I think a lot of people keep their defenses up.

 

For what it is worth, I partied with Ryan after the game. Good times for sure and it was a celebration. Ryan sure knows how to work a crowd. :cool:

 

I will say this, this former Beechwood guy is overwhelmed with pride from the HHS victory. But then again, I root for every KY team against every out of state team. :D

 

Ah the perfect storm!

 

Well, no wonder he felt that way if he was hanging out in Ft T with all of LN's friends!!!

 

You raise an interesting point about the public vs private reactions. I actually believe many on here withhold their true feelings for fear of the wrath of the HHS fans.

Your last line could not be more naive.
Most people in NKY have a lot of respect for HHS and treat the school, the team and it's people as part of the greater NKY community. Those tiny few who don't, have only themselves to blame.
You raise an interesting point about the public vs private reactions. I actually believe many on here withhold their true feelings for fear of the wrath of the HHS fans.

 

I am smarter than I look. :D

Well, no wonder he felt that way if he was hanging out in Ft T with all of LN's friends!!!

 

All of LN's friends were nice except one so I beat up on that guy pretty good only to find out he was a pretty big deal around Campbell County. LOL

  • Author
Most people in NKY have a lot of respect for HHS and treat the school, the team and it's people as part of the greater NKY community. Those tiny few who don't, have only themselves to blame.

 

Yes, they absolutely have respect. However, you're a fool if you confuse the respect they have with "pride" in their victory. A few? A FEW? Get out of Ft Thomas occasionally.

Well, no wonder he felt that way if he was hanging out in Ft T with all of LN's friends!!!

 

You raise an interesting point about the public vs private reactions. I actually believe many on here withhold their true feelings for fear of the wrath of the HHS fans.

 

That's interesting. Even though I graduated from Highlands and my son played football there, I just got too much going on to have "feelings" ( I'm sure other words work just as well here) about other schools. Sure there is some good natured ribbing at work, but no what you might call "feelings" from anyone I know. "Feelings" good word:lol:

  • Author
That's interesting. Even though I graduated from Highlands and my son played football there, I just got too much going on to have "feelings" :

 

I'm not saying its rational thinking or a wise use of brain cells.

Yes, they absolutely have respect. However, you're a fool if you confuse the respect they have with "pride" in their victory. A few? A FEW? Get out of Ft Thomas occasionally.

 

Like I said, I must have talked to at least 40 people at work that live pretty much in every community in NKY and they all thought it was great. No. Wait. Hold On. There isn't anyone from Park Hills that works with me..:lol:

I think that this is more CovCath - Highlands than it is Private v. Public. I was happy for them, and it gave me ammunition at work, but I'm not so sure that I would call it "pride." Now when Holmes won...I stayed in my seat throught the whole trophy presentation.

I'm not saying its rational thinking or a wise use of brain cells.

 

Then what are you saying?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.