Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Pride in Highlands? Is Ernst Correct?

Featured Replies

Well, lets see. The Canadian Geese hang out in the water at the Reservior, and they are birds. Yea that's it. There is something in the water.:D

 

Speaking of the reservoir, what are those freaky looking decoys they have placed around in there?

  • Replies 179
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Clyde you are way off base on this one. Quite frankly you have taken a great Highlands victory and reduced it to "I sure wish it wasn't Highlands". I am another that has to cross the river every day and listen to "NKY football isn't as good as Cincinnati Football". Well this week thanks to Highlands I got to go and spout off a little about how good NKY football really is. Now mind you I told them that Highlands wasn't even the best football program in NKY. I said if you can't beat Highlands then you don't want any part of class A Bellevue (LOL). Don't be so paranoid and realize that even though they may not be Highland fans NKY takes great pride in Highlands Football. Great program, great people, great win. Keep making NKY proud.:thumb::banana::thumb:

 

Papa, I question your intelligence if you really believe that I have reduced their victory in any way. I also question anyone's intelligence who can't get past the fact that I said "most" people do not feel the way Ernst describes. There are exceptions to every rule. You feel pride. Outstanding. Good for you. You're not in the majority.

  • Author
Is it me or does it seem that it's the same two or three folks starting threads with a hope to disparage or diminish the Highlands football program.

 

Prove your lame allegation.

Papa, I question your intelligence if you really believe that I have reduced their victory in any way. I also question anyone's intelligence who can't get past the fact that I said "most" people do not feel the way Ernst describes. There are exceptions to every rule. You feel pride. Outstanding. Good for you. You're not in the majority.

 

I feel that you are the one in the minority on this one. I talk to many people up there in NKY, and just not people from Ludlow, and everyone was very happy and proud that Highlands one. Also judging by a lot of peoples reactions on here, they are also proud that Highlands one to. I mean yeah obviously would wish that it was their own school that won. However the majority of the people are very proud of it, its the minority that says I wish it wasn't Highlands.

  • Author
I feel that you are the one in the minority on this one. .

 

That's cool. We disagree.

I have to agree with Clyde. Clyde is pointing out "what is" the reaction as opposed to what I and others think "should be" the reaction. Unfortunately the emotions of jealousy and envy and whatever else may be has some people cheering against Highlands in football. It shouldn't be that way, particularly when Highlands is playing an Ohio school, but it is that way. It's probably much, much easier for non-N. Kyians to feel the pride of a Ky football team beating an Ohio football team than it is for non-Highlands N. Ky. football fans to feel that same pride because of the emotions involved. Those non-Highlands N. Ky football fans that aren't so emotionally driven probably do feel some pride in the Highlands victory. Like I said earlier, I can tolerate being disliked if it's a result of our winning ways.

 

And if we don't quickly focus on Dixie and quit talking about X and national ranking, racking up a win against Dixie will be much tougher. Let's hope the coaches and players are more focused on Dixie than the Highlands fans on this board are currently. Hence, I'm done with the threads involving X and the national rankings. On to the Dixie-Highlands prediction thread.

Prove your lame allegation.

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh:Get em Pit Bull! I assume:scared:he is talking about you.

I feel that you are the one in the minority on this one. I talk to many people up there in NKY, and just not people from Ludlow, and everyone was very happy and proud that Highlands one. Also judging by a lot of peoples reactions on here, they are also proud that Highlands one to. I mean yeah obviously would wish that it was their own school that won. However the majority of the people are very proud of it, its the minority that says I wish it wasn't Highlands.

 

That's why opinions are such greats things - we all get to have one. Of course, there's others of us that also "talk to many people up here in NKY" and I would agree with Clyde's sentiment. Cool thing. Congrats to HHS. Happy for them. But the word "pride" (at least to some of us) tends to invoke a very strong emotion that we just don't associate with their win.

Mod:

 

Add a poll???

 

1) You are proud that Highlands beat Cincinnati St. Xavier.

 

2) You are glad that Highlands beat Cincinnati St. Xavier, but not proud.

 

3) You are neither proud nor glad that Highlands beat Cincinnati St. Xavier.

 

 

...kind of sophomoric, but a simple way to resolve the debate.

Mod:

 

Add a poll???

 

1) You are proud that Highlands beat Cincinnati St. Xavier.

 

2) You are glad that Highlands beat Cincinnati St. Xavier, but not proud.

 

3) You are neither proud nor glad that Highlands beat Cincinnati St. Xavier.

 

4) Who really cares!!! What was the point of this thread anyway?

 

...kind of sophomoric, but a simple way to resolve the debate.

 

Don't leave out the bolded one.....

Don't leave out the bolded one.....

 

Thats what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!

Don't leave out the bolded one.....

:thumb:

You may be right...but this "pointless" has garnered FIVE pages of responses. And shall we count up how many of those responses were made by Bluebirds? :sssh:

Ok, after spending 30 or so minutes reading almost every comment on this thread, I have to comment. As a CCH grad (it's been a little bit), I have to say that 1) I respect Highlands, 2) I am happy for their huge win over St. X, 3) It's great they beat St. X because I know how those Ohio folks seem to look down on us KY folks, 4) The Highlands community is something every community should strive for, and 5) Can't we all just get along? I mean I have had some immature feelings towards Highlands while I was in High School but that's exactly what it was:immaturity. I have since grown past that and have learned to appreciate and respect them. I truly believe that both CCH and Highlands both respect each other although it may seem otherwise. I have met and partied with Highlands grads and you know what? They aren't yellow, purple, or even crazy weird. They are mostly just like you and I, wanting the best for their kids and schools. Is that really that bad? So, I don't know about how others feel, but I don't even look at it like a CCH vs Highlands thing anymore. I look at it like it's just two different but very similar types of people all striving for the same thing. I hope my posts makes sense and I hope I did not offend anyone because that is truly not my intention. With love.......The Beck

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.