Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best coaches in Kentucky

Featured Replies

Coach Mark Brown and his staff at John Hardin. Brown is coaching is 29th year of football as a head coach this year. Go Dawgs!

  • Replies 121
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not some guy name Steve Kragthorpe...

 

:laugh::laugh:

 

 

Hilton

 

Haywood

 

French

 

Mueller (hate to give the devil his due but) just kidding he does a terrific job.

 

Redman

 

The first 2 are not blessed with great numbers and typically not great "natural athletes" but they end up making some great football players. That is why they are at the top of my list. :notworthy::notworthy:

Mason Co.'s David Buchanan would have to be in the mix. He's done a heck of a job there.

 

:thumb:

Best Coach in Kentucky...........Chuck Smith.

 

Currently Coaching High School I like - Mark Peach, Philip Haywood, David Buchanan, Shawn Berner, Dudley Hilton, And Larry French

I'll take Trinity's Bob Beatty as the best coach in Kentucky.

I know most won't want to give Beatty much credit due to the fact that he has such numbers at Trinity, but the man knows how to win.

 

He has maintained a level of success that is hard at any program in my opinion. While he may have an inherent edge on most schools in the state he doesn't with St.X and he has consistently won against them when it matters.

 

He also has a number of good out of state wins too, which is something not many schools can claim.

Dudley Hilton

You were probably one of the only schools in the state that played Ashland, Greenup, Russell, East Carter and West Carter!:thumb:

 

Nothing personal but wouldn't geography have as much or a lot to do with that scheduling as any other notion?

  • Author

Here is my homer pick , Jack Haskins....Turned around a pathetic program at Lone Oak and now is seeing the fruit of his labor.....31 years coaching and has turned around every program that he has coached at. Most with low numbers and absolutely no funding.........Lone Oak is only 4A by 2 students,,,,,,The smallest 4A school in the state. If they were 3A he would already have 2 rings.

If NewCath makes it to the 2A semi-finals this year, I don't see how NewCath's staff wouldn't be a top 5 staff.

  • Author

Could a Mod give us a poll....Say maybe 2 coaches from each section of KY?

I know most won't want to give Beatty much credit due to the fact that he has such numbers at Trinity, but the man knows how to win.

 

He has maintained a level of success that is hard at any program in my opinion. While he may have an inherent edge on most schools in the state he doesn't with St.X and he has consistently won against them when it matters.

 

He also has a number of good out of state wins too, which is something not many schools can claim.

 

 

:thumb:

 

I think with all the factors of: Large Number of Wins, Consistency, State Titles I would say:

 

Beatty 7 Titles

Glaser 5 Titles

Dale Mueller 7 titles

Sam Harp 7 titles

 

 

There are a lot of others with maybe 2 or 1 titles and great success in terms of wins. Just looking at Titles as a separating factor and these four are at least 2 or more State titles ahead of the next guys who are active. I could easily see a MaGlone, Hilton, Haywood, Schneider, Redmond, and others make a great case but wins + Consistency + Titles brings these four to the top IMO.

Could a Mod give us a poll....Say maybe 2 coaches from each section of KY?

It's an awful broad subject, if anyone wants to nominate some coaches and have a poll added, I don't care to do it, but I think you will have to many for a poll.

:thumb:

 

I think with all the factors of: Large Number of Wins, Consistency, State Titles I would say:

 

Beatty 7 Titles

Glaser 5 Titles

Dale Mueller 7 titles

Sam Harp 7 titles

 

 

There are a lot of others with maybe 2 or 1 titles and great success in terms of wins. Just looking at Titles as a separating factor and these four are at least 2 or more State titles ahead of the next guys who are active. I could easily see a MaGlone, Hilton, Haywood, Schneider, Redmond, and others make a great case but wins + Consistency + Titles brings these four to the top IMO.

 

If wins+consistency+state titles is the criteria, you better put Schneider in your top group. I believe he is in the top 2 or 3, perhaps even #1, in Kentucky history in wins; 40 years coaching at the same school and winning virtually every season; multiple state titles.

If wins+consistency+state titles is the criteria, you better put Schneider in your top group. I believe he is in the top 2 or 3, perhaps even #1, in Kentucky history in wins; 40 years coaching at the same school and winning virtually every season; multiple state titles.

 

He's right there in the mix IMO. The only thing keeping him down on my very short list was only 3 State Titles. I think the other two criteria would probably put him right on that list. I just wrote the final four where it seemed titles tipped them in there. Redmond, Hilton and others would go right in that discussion IMO.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.