Steelers 13 Titans 10 OT

KNOWITALL

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think the Steelers lack of running game is going to hurt them down the road if they don't get it cranking. I thought Tenn looked like the better team but kept rushing 4 for some reason. Be interesting to see if they make that adjustment next game. Love when these two teams play. Always physcial! Congrats to the Steelers fans on winning in OT at home vs a playoff caliber team. One of those early games you really need to win at home. Looks like both of them are good enough to be in the playoffs again barring any huge injuries.

Don't like Pitt but could watch Palamalu play all night long! He is like the Tazmanian Devil! Britt is a polished rookie when running routes. I think he will help Tenn down the road. Expected Nate Washington to have a bigger game. I think he's dinged up.

Just some thoughts after the game.

1. That Ben guy is good. Couple of mistakes. The first int. was a bad ball. Looked like he read the break late. And taking the sack in the first quarter losing 19 and getting them out of FG range was costly. Other than that, he was virtually flawless. He gets an A.

2. Steelers run game is horrific. With that said, the Titans run D is spectacular. I don't think, nor have I ever thought that Willie Parker was a Steeler style runner. He picks and then busts one on you occasionally to amass a total that's respectable. However, Steeler run game has always been predicated on getting the tough yards. They were still not stellar, but were better with him on the sideline last night.

3. The Tenn. O-line is tops in the league IMO. Spectacular. If there's a better unit, I don't know who they are in the AFC anyway

4. Kerry Collins is just as steady as you could possibly ask. He held the ball just until the right time, hit his open receivers. He is 400 times a better option than VY for anyone who doubted. And what the flip was VY listening to with his earphones in on the sideline? Please tell me that Sybil wasn't tuned in to his Ipod and was listening to game chatter of some kind. I hope I'm wrong on that one.

5. Troy Polomalu is a freak. He and Ed Reed are in a class by themselves, I'm just glad the Steelers have one of them. And I'd gladly have traded that win to have him healthy for the next 4-6 weeks.

6. The difference for me at least in this years Steeler team and last years is clearly special teams. Defense never had to deal with a 30yd punt and they never started a drive inside the 20 after a kickoff. They have a real threat to take one back in Logan.

7. Keith Bullock is a beast. Newsflash.

8. I was less than impressed with the Titans secondary as compared to last season. And I was less than impressed with the STeeler Run D compared to last. Polomalu out in the second half didn't help.

9. Johnson is an elite back. He'd be a 1500+ yard rusher if they didn't split time with fatso in the backfield. However, I think that White and Johnson as a tandem is perfect.

10. Finally, I'm so glad that the season has started. I think we got a great opener, regardless of the winner. Frankly, part of me wouldn't have been upset if it had gone through the overtime tied. 2 best teams in the conference IMO. Possibly a preview of the AFC championship game. Man, I'm already tired of Chris Collinsworth.