Cooper 28 Scott 27

Eagle 4 Life

I believe his parents are divorced and his dad, who he lives with, DOES live in the Cooper district. No need to get into a lengthy argument over kids going to schools that they don't live near because we could go to every school and make that argument, except for Catholic schools which don't go by area. Centers is as big as just about any Cooper player on varsity and may be a better player than some, but I'm not a coach and don't see the varsity players in practice so I won't say for sure if he is more talented or not. As far as him playing to keep him there.... what if he just wanted to move back in with his mother next year. :idunno:

Exactly...trust me, he was not played friday night just to keep him at the school. He was thought of to be a good fit for the system that Cooper was running that week.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly the point, knowing a few people close to the situation, they had good reason to bring him up. But the point I was trying to make was if they just wanted to make someone happy by bringing him up, it would have been done so to play a JV game, not to start in a varsity game.

I believe his parents are divorced and his dad, who he lives with, DOES live in the Cooper district. No need to get into a lengthy argument over kids going to schools that they don't live near because we could go to every school and make that argument, except for Catholic schools which don't go by area. Centers is as big as just about any Cooper player on varsity and may be a better player than some, but I'm not a coach and don't see the varsity players in practice so I won't say for sure if he is more talented or not. As far as him playing to keep him there.... what if he just wanted to move back in with his mother next year. :idunno:

Playing him in a JV game does not prevent him from going to another school without having to sit out a year. But playing one snap in a Varsity game does.

Also going from living with one parent to the other parent is not usually considered a "bona fide" change of address according to the KHSAA . So if a player did begin living with their other parent they would probably have to sit out a year if they moved in with the other.

Playing him in a JV game does not prevent him from going to another school without having to sit out a year. But playing one snap in a Varsity game does.

Also going from living with one parent to the other parent is not usually considered a "bona fide" change of address according to the KHSAA . So if a player did begin living with their other parent they would probably have to sit out a year if they moved in with the other.

Understood, but bottom line is the coaching staff thought the young man fit what was trying to be done defensively. And therefore he was brought up to play. It wasn't like a one week thing, the young man is still practicing with the varsity squad. With that being said, good luck to Cooper this week against Holmes. Lets get 3-0 and beat last year's win total! :dancingpa

Understood, but bottom line is the coaching staff thought the young man fit what was trying to be done defensively. And therefore he was brought up to play. It wasn't like a one week thing, the young man is still practicing with the varsity squad. With that being said, good luck to Cooper this week against Holmes. Lets get 3-0 and beat last year's win total! :dancingpa

Will he still be playing Freshman?

Also, why is Cooper playing in the freshman small school division?

Will he still be playing Freshman?

Also, why is Cooper playing in the freshman small school division?

Yes, he will still be playing Freshman. If he was asked to carry a lot of the load both offensively and defensively, then he might not play freshman, but he mostly came up for defensive reasons. As for the freshman Jags playing in the lower division, it is a decision Coach Borchers made before seeing the talent on the Freshman level. There were always rumors about this freshman group having talent, but the schedule was made early this year and was pretty much based on last year, where Cooper didn't really compete on the freshman level. It is hard to get kids excited for varsity football when they aren't being successful on the freshman level, know what I mean? If this is the kind of team Cooper will have consistently, you can bet that they will be playing the freshman big dogs next season. :thumb:

According to the paper, Bradley had 268 yards and at least more than 70 called back from one of the many penalties Cooper had on the night. I believe he had a 5 yard run called back with 40 seconds left in the first half and I know of a couple of more 10 plus yard runs called back as well. Scott dominated the line for most of the game and just ran out of gas. Bradley may be the hardest runner to bring down in NKY this year, and yes I know about Simpson. I don't think he is as fast as Simpson and Simpson is a great, hard runner, but the runs I've seen Bradley make are just as good. I really thought, after reading the reports on here about Scott before the game, that Cooper would win rather easily. I was wrong as well as Scott outplayed them for all but 25 seconds but Cooper boys kept fighting until the end. I still don't see them keeping it too close against the 6A teams at the end of their schedule but I hope I'm wrong.

Also, one of our Freshman, Taylor Centers, made his varsity debut in the first half as defensive end. This Freshman group will be making several debuts on varsity next year, IMO..

Had more than that called back. I think it was the first drive he had a 50 yard run called back on a holding penalty.

I don't want people to take this the wrong way because the kid is a heck of an athlete and could do some big things but Bradley would not of had the night he did if Scott wrapped up. The constantly tried the shop cart tackle approach as well as tackling high. Bradley's legs are huge and if you continually tackle him high he will run right through it, absolutely have to hit him low. That being said it was a great football game to watch and I wish both schools the best of luck

Had more than that called back. I think it was the first drive he had a 50 yard run called back on a holding penalty.

I don't want people to take this the wrong way because the kid is a heck of an athlete and could do some big things but Bradley would not of had the night he did if Scott wrapped up. The constantly tried the shop cart tackle approach as well as tackling high. Bradley's legs are huge and if you continually tackle him high he will run right through it, absolutely have to hit him low. That being said it was a great football game to watch and I wish both schools the best of luck

You don't think that Bradley's skills and running ability had anything to do with making people miss or not giving them a choice but to try and dive at him or grab on? Just a question.

You don't think that Bradley's skills and running ability had anything to do with making people miss or not giving them a choice but to try and dive at him or grab on? Just a question.

That's why i said i didn't want to anyone to take it the wrong way. Even if they had tackled like their taught he would of had a good game just not 260+ yards. He is a very strong kid and has tons of ability. His yards after contact were unbelievable, but the way the kid is built and the way Scott tackled contributed to a lot. There were many times they had him in the backfield but had his shirt or by the waist and your not going to tackle this kid in that fashion, no way. He had great runs a lot of which Scott had the hole covered and he bounced outside and broke arm tackles. This kid had good vision and the ability but Scott had many opportunities to have him down with either no gain or minimal but didn't get low.

QUOTE=Off_Constantly;3516082]That's why i said i didn't want to anyone to take it the wrong way. Even if they had tackled like their taught he would of had a good game just not 260+ yards. He is a very strong kid and has tons of ability. His yards after contact were unbelievable, but the way the kid is built and the way Scott tackled contributed to a lot. There were many times they had him in the backfield but had his shirt or by the waist and your not going to tackle this kid in that fashion, no way. He had great runs a lot of which Scott had the hole covered and he bounced outside and broke arm tackles. This kid had good vision and the ability but Scott had many opportunities to have him down with either no gain or minimal but didn't get low.

OK, I got ya now. I thought for about a half of football Scott did a pretty good job. The first half he only had a couple long runs and I know of one or two that were called back. But yes he is a very strong kid and runs very hard also. I know it is early, and maybe a little partial, but so far I would consider him the suprise of the year in NKY.

QUOTE=Off_Constantly;3516082]That's why i said i didn't want to anyone to take it the wrong way. Even if they had tackled like their taught he would of had a good game just not 260+ yards. He is a very strong kid and has tons of ability. His yards after contact were unbelievable, but the way the kid is built and the way Scott tackled contributed to a lot. There were many times they had him in the backfield but had his shirt or by the waist and your not going to tackle this kid in that fashion, no way. He had great runs a lot of which Scott had the hole covered and he bounced outside and broke arm tackles. This kid had good vision and the ability but Scott had many opportunities to have him down with either no gain or minimal but didn't get low.

OK, I got ya now. I thought for about a half of football Scott did a pretty good job. The first half he only had a couple long runs and I know of one or two that were called back. But yes he is a very strong kid and runs very hard also. I know it is early, and maybe a little partial, but so far I would consider him the suprise of the year in NKY.

I agree he took over in the 2nd half. Scott played a good game but lack of depth hurt them. They have to many players going both ways with very little rest. Although it was a heart-breaking loss for the Eagles I think that they showed a world of improvement from their game against Conner. I know Coopers program is young and most don't expect much from them but I think Scott can use this as a builder type game. A good young 6A program and Scott hung with them. Hope Scott can move forward from this. Cooper will give alot of teams fits

I will be the first to admit Scott might not win a game this. The only chance I see now is Bellevue and Harrison County. They had better win 1 of those games or the program will really fall hard no matter who the Coach is just ask the Coach before the one they have now.

Scott really is so 1 dimensional on offense everyone should see that.

• 2 weeks later...
Scott owned that game... PERIOD!

I thought Cooper would manhandle them and I was dead wrong.

#25 & #47(i think) played amazing for Scott, Its a shame they had to lose.

Coach Borchers better figure out quick that he just can't hand the ball off

to #1 and win the game. He has plenty of talent along side #1 and needs to use it. On the flip side, a win is a win and I give Cooper credit for not folding when the chips were down. This was the best $5.00 I have spent in a long time. Great game.

shame they had to lose? you have Cooper in your username and are sad that we beat another team?

.......:clap:

shame they had to lose? you have Cooper in your username and are sad that we beat another team?

.......:clap:

A little late to post now for this game isn't it?

But what he said was true. Scott dominated that football game for 3 1/2 quarters. Up 2 TDs with less than 8 minutes ago, it was pretty much already being reported that Scott was going to win. Thats why they play the game.