Manual/Highlands Predictions

Manual/Highlands Predictions  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Manual/Highlands Predictions

• Manual
    • Highlands

Although you chose to not bold the score, the JV did get significant time in the Dixie game as well, and the Colonels' starting O was able to score several times.

True. Starters were re-inserted and immediately squashed whatever dim hopes of momentum Dixie was considering. Reminded me of the Trinity game a number of years ago -- although I recall that Trinity got much closer.

I believe Mr. Spritzky will harvest these seeds sown last year when he returns to David Cecil Memorial Stadium this year. Not sure you want to give Dale the opportunity to say "I had to leave my starters in longer this year, Tom. Look at what you guys did last year when I took them out so early." Interestingly, I think that weekend is Spritzky's 25th High School Reunion weekend at HHS. What a welome!!!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your question rests on the assumption that Highlands will be up big and will be in a position to pull the starters. I think that such assumption is bit overly optimistic.

In the event the assumption turns out to be correct and we do end up big at half, Dale might let them come back for one series in the second half, but I don't expect Dale to do anything differenc just because there are recruiters in attendance. Frankly I'd be mad as all get out with Dale if Roller was left in late in the game, while we had a big lead, and blew out his knee again.

I don't think this game will be a blowout,as you can see in my post #35. I am totally in agreement with you as far as Roller goes . :thumb:

I hate to thinks about it, RRR, but based on the Crimsons' offensive performance and turnovers in the Ballard scrimmage, this game with "national championship contender" Highlands could resemble the two Manual/St. X. games of last season (57-0 & 53-0). :isurrender:

Legal Department Advisory: Not intended to offend any of the French-American member of BGP. The opinions of Ram are not necessarily the opinions of BGP, it owner, nor it's employees. All remarks made by Ram are his and his alone, and are not intended to be held as the opinions of BGP or it's agents. All rights reserved.

I'm sorry...I have to ask...is this legitimate? Do you really have to post this as a sig in all your posts?

-CardinalsFan

So, let me see if I get this straight.

Highlands, who is very good, is starting a QB for the first time on Varsity.......

.....their RB has never been a RB before...

...several new receivers....

And you're going to score 7 TD's against a defense that only gave up one last week in a non-game situation? :idunno:

I'm sorry...what am I missing here? To me, these predictions are outrageous. Manual is not going to let Highlands come in to their house, on opening night, and drop 7 TD's on them. I just can't see that happening. I, too, believe Highlands is the better team but not by these ridiculous score predictions. Something closer in the range of 28/35 - 14/21 seems more reasonable to me.

Again...educate me if I'm missing something but you guys are basing this off of glorified practice? Really?? :confused:

-CardinalsFan

Again...educate me if I'm missing something but you guys are basing this off of glorified practice? Really?? :confused:

-CardinalsFan

Let's not over-generalize. You're not hearing that from everyone in Bird-land. However, it is very possible given the talent level--position experiece or not. Also, Bardo (QB) does have experience at his position. He just wasn't the starter.

And I'm pretty sure Male did not look at that last match-up as a "glorified practice." :rolleyes: