Manual/Highlands Predictions

Manual/Highlands Predictions  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Manual/Highlands Predictions

• Manual
    • Highlands

I figured someone had to start this thread. The facts as they stand are that Highlands blewout Male in a barrage of TD's and Manual couldn't manage a TD against Ballard in thier scrimmage. Doesn't sound to promising for my Crimsons.

However two of the three TD's Ballard scored were from the defense off Manual turnovers and the last one was during the controlled part (teams got a number of plays not downs) so perhaps the Manual D may give my Crimsons a chance if the O can limit turnovers.

To those coming from Highlands I want to reiterate that the stadium is not at the school but at 1230 East Burnett Street, 40217. There is parking at the stadium however I think they charge a small amount ($2 I think) to park in the stadium (on the baseball feild actually) and it can be a hassle getting in and out of there. Most regulars tend to park on the surrounding streets although these will fill up reletively quickly and some streets will be blocked from gameday parking. The moral of this story don't try to get here right on time because you will probably end up late. Get there early, stop by one of the neighborhoods hole in the walls, and have a cold one before walking to the stadium.

I would assume this to be a well attended game. With this being the season opener (always a big draw), T and X not playing actual games (they may want to get a look at both HHS and Manual), and the fact that some UofL prospects like Roller will be playing could bring out a large contingent. Although there will be plenty of seats ( I believe Manual Stadium is the largest HS stadium in the state) the lines for tickets and other things could be difficult.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most regulars tend to park on the surrounding streets although these will fill up reletively quickly and some streets will be blocked from gameday parking. The moral of this story don't try to get here right on time because you will probably end up late. Get there early, stop by one of the neighborhoods hole in the walls, and have a cold one before walking to the stadium.

Wow, this sounds familiar. Seriously though, I think this could be a good game. Manuals Coach has got to know something is special about this team, because there is no way anybody in their right mind would schedule the schedule he has without having some big time players.

With last week being a scrimmage, I think the Birds intensity level steps up this week. I'm wondering who this years Oliver Head will be. Maybe Sullivan, Abner, Siedel? Roller will be wrecking havoc all over the field but HHS needs that guy to come out of no where and blow the play up. It might even be Collinsworth. But does Dale want him to sell his body like that? Who knows! It will be exciting though!

If the weather is good and field dry, then watch out. Sky is the limit. I see HHS 42-14. Manual scores 14 if they start their drives at the 35 like Male did a lot last week.

I think that Highlands will win this one. Highlands will have another great team this year probably one of the best if not the best teams in the state.
Seeing as Manual plays the top contenders for that title we should get a good reference point to consider that possibility.

Wow, this sounds familiar. Seriously though, I think this could be a good game. Manuals Coach has got to know something is special about this team, because there is no way anybody in their right mind would schedule the schedule he has without having some big time players.

Coach Nichols's stated reason for the schedule was to keep the players attention. Big games tend to make the players more focused and feels he will get more out of practices and the like by having a big opponet every week. It was not because he has a great team this year.

Coach Nichols's stated reason for the schedule was to keep the players attention. Big games tend to make the players more focused and feels he will get more out of practices and the like by having a big opponet every week. It was not because he has a great team this year.

There was a team the last couple of years in NKY that scheduled outside their abilities and that team fell apart rather quickly. Hopefully Manual doesn't go that route. I still think there is something Coach isn't telling. I guess we will know soon enough.

There was a team the last couple of years in NKY that scheduled outside their abilities and that team fell apart rather quickly. Hopefully Manual doesn't go that route. I still think there is something Coach isn't telling. I guess we will know soon enough.

Well the situation for Manual is as follows. Everyone will make the playoffs. Our route will have to go through St X. We haven't beaten St X since 1993. We've beaten everyone else.

So we can continue scheduleing just the best teams in Louisville or try to get a little tougher. What we were doing wasn't getting us any closer to a championship, so even if we do go 3-9 and lose to St X in the second round we will have gotten just as far as we have by going 9-3. So at least we can say we tried something different.

With last week being a scrimmage, I think the Birds intensity level steps up this week. I'm wondering who this years Oliver Head will be. Maybe Sullivan, Abner, Siedel? Roller will be wrecking havoc all over the field but HHS needs that guy to come out of no where and blow the play up. It might even be Collinsworth. But does Dale want him to sell his body like that? Who knows! It will be exciting though!

If the weather is good and field dry, then watch out. Sky is the limit. I see HHS 42-14. Manual scores 14 if they start their drives at the 35 like Male did a lot last week.

I look for Abner to have a lot of tackles for loss and Roller to have a big game if Manual doesn't double team him 50% of the time like male did. Thats one thing about Highlands, you never know who the super star of the game might be,they are all exceptional players .(No weak link in this chain) :D

Well the situation for Manual is as follows. Everyone will make the playoffs. Our route will have to go through St X. We haven't beaten St X since 1993. We've beaten everyone else.

So we can continue scheduleing just the best teams in Louisville or try to get a little tougher. What we were doing wasn't getting us any closer to a championship, so even if we do go 3-9 and lose to St X in the second round we will have gotten just as far as we have by going 9-3. So at least we can say we tried something different.

Good enough!:thumb: