Manual/Highlands Predictions

Manual/Highlands Predictions  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Manual/Highlands Predictions

• Manual
    • Highlands

So, let me see if I get this straight.

Highlands, who is very good, is starting a QB for the first time on Varsity.......

.....their RB has never been a RB before...

...several new receivers....

And you're going to score 7 TD's against a defense that only gave up one last week in a non-game situation? :idunno:

I'm sorry...what am I missing here? To me, these predictions are outrageous. Manual is not going to let Highlands come in to their house, on opening night, and drop 7 TD's on them. I just can't see that happening. I, too, believe Highlands is the better team but not by these ridiculous score predictions. Something closer in the range of 28/35 - 14/21 seems more reasonable to me.

Again...educate me if I'm missing something but you guys are basing this off of glorified practice? Really?? :confused:

-CardinalsFan

The problem may not be that Manual LETS Highlands drop 7 TD's. It will be that they can't stop Highlands from scoring 7 TD's.

(By the way I picked 6 TD's so 7 may be a bit much)

Highlands is in a class that only Trinity & St. Xavier can match, and that could be a stretch. The biggest threat in this game is not that Manual will beat Highlands, it is that Highlands could beat themselves. That is the only way I see this one not getting out of hand.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, let me see if I get this straight.

Highlands, who is very good, is starting a QB for the first time on Varsity.......

.....their RB has never been a RB before...

...several new receivers....

And you're going to score 7 TD's against a defense that only gave up one last week in a non-game situation? :idunno:

I'm sorry...what am I missing here? To me, these predictions are outrageous. Manual is not going to let Highlands come in to their house, on opening night, and drop 7 TD's on them. I just can't see that happening. I, too, believe Highlands is the better team but not by these ridiculous score predictions. Something closer in the range of 28/35 - 14/21 seems more reasonable to me.

Again...educate me if I'm missing something but you guys are basing this off of glorified practice? Really?? :confused:

-CardinalsFan

While I agree with what you are getting at, I am pretty sure that Austin Collinsworth was a running back in the past, before playing wide receiver the last couple of years. Also, Highlands' receivers are not exactly "new," as they saw significant playing time (as starters, even) last year. The only "new" receiver is senior transfer John Drennen, a speedster who might just have the best hands on the team.

Also, it's my understanding that Manual lost a significant amount of talent from last year's team, whereas Highlands did not.

While I do believe the score may be closer than some BGP'ers are predicting, I do think a reasonable case can be made that Highlands actually does put up 7 TDs on Manual tonight... they put about as many points on Male in the first half of the scrimmage last week.

I hate to thinks about it, RRR, but based on the Crimsons' offensive performance and turnovers in the Ballard scrimmage, this game with "national championship contender" Highlands could resemble the two Manual/St. X. games of last season (57-0 & 53-0). :isurrender:
Thats a possibility that I'm prepared for. Even if such a thing should happen I want to see Manual fight throughout the game and learn what they can. It is going to be a tough season and a lot of these players are new so there is a lot of potential to improve as the season goes on even if this matchup doesn't go our way.