Manual/Highlands Predictions

Manual/Highlands Predictions  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Manual/Highlands Predictions

• Manual
    • Highlands

Highlands is loaded this year and coach Mueller wants to be ranked nationally. My guess is he will run the score up on everybody he can this year. Not much playing time for the frosh. Highlands wins 47-0

Frosh don't dress for regular season games. Running up the score has not been Coach Mueller's MO recently. 2007 team was 15-0. 1st string was pulled by half time in plenty of those games. Considering a 29-1 record with two State championships the past two seasons, Highlands does not need to run up scores to be nationally ranked, they just need to win.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frosh don't dress for regular season games. Running up the score has not been Coach Mueller's MO recently. 2007 team was 15-0. 1st string was pulled by half time in plenty of those games. Considering a 29-1 record with two State championships the past two seasons, Highlands does not need to run up scores to be nationally ranked, they just need to win.

Nice post and great point.

Glad you qualified that statement :isurrender:

You can't surrender that quickly. :D

He's French.

Legal Department Advisory: Not intended to offend any of the French-American member of BGP. The opinions of Ram are not necessarily the opinions of BGP, it owner, nor it's employees. All remarks made by Ram are his and his alone, and are not intended to be held as the opinions of BGP or it's agents. All rights reserved.

In average years this would be the game everyone in the state would be talking about, but this is not an average Highlands team. This group of Bluebirds has the potential to be the best Highlands football team ever. That means something considering the talent that has graced the halls at Fort Thomas. I don't think they are the best Highlands team yet, but if they run the table they will have at least one vote.

As for the game I'll take Highlands.

Highlands: 42

Manual: 7

Win 'em one game--one play--at a time, Birds! You have great potential, but you have to make it happen. You have to prove the high expectations to be accurate. Reputation never put points on the board, and hype never stopped a scoring drive.

I'm not buying into the statement that they do not run up scores.

scores from last year

26-6 Ryle

18-33 Colerain

70-6 Holmes

55-28 Dixie

61-0 Cov cath

48-21 Hopkinsville

63-13 Scott

41-0 Lex Cath

46-0 Madison Central

28-0 Lousiville?

playoffs

28-22

53-6

35-21

42-16

35-15

and I'm not sure if his team goal last year was to be ranked number 1 in the country? This years team is much better and the scores will be much worse.

scores from last year

26-6 Ryle

18-33 Colerain

70-6 Holmes

55-28 Dixie

61-0 Cov cath

48-21 Hopkinsville

63-13 Scott

41-0 Lex Cath

46-0 Madison Central

28-0 Lousiville?

playoffs

28-22

53-6

35-21

42-16

35-15

and I'm not sure if his team goal last year was to be ranked number 1 in the country? This years team is much better and the scores will be much worse.

That's not running the score up that's just finishing the game...:thumb:

scores from last year

26-6 Ryle

18-33 Colerain

70-6 Holmes

55-28 Dixie

61-0 Cov cath

48-21 Hopkinsville

63-13 Scott

41-0 Lex Cath

46-0 Madison Central

28-0 Lousiville?

playoffs

28-22

53-6

35-21

42-16

35-15

Perhaps to add a little perspective to your post, the JV saw extensive playing time in the Holmes, Scott and Cov Cath games last year, and scored in each. From the scores alone, you may believe it is running up the score, but when you put in a sophomore-laden JV team, you can't tell them to not try. Starters were in the entire first half, and in a few cases a series or so in the third quarter, and then it was all JV from there.

Although you chose to not bold the score, the JV did get significant time in the Dixie game as well, and the Colonels' starting O was able to score several times.

Sorry don't have fond memories of cannon blasts echoing in my head :D

Back in my playing days when I played for Fitzer and Red Dog against the Birds, I thought I was in the middle of a civil war reenactment. I was certain they were going to run out of gunpowder. I married a bird and now this transplant has two boys that will one day will be serving CAKE. Life comes full circle.:laugh:

scores from last year

26-6 Ryle

18-33 Colerain

70-6 Holmes

55-28 Dixie

61-0 Cov cath

48-21 Hopkinsville

63-13 Scott

41-0 Lex Cath

46-0 Madison Central

28-0 Lousiville?

playoffs

28-22

53-6

35-21

42-16

35-15

The scores could of been much worst...the back-up QB threw the ball ten times last year and was mainly used to hand the ball off. He also didn't play after the Scott game on offense, so I'd say Dale did the best he could to keep the games from getting to far out of hand.