Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinatti Area Folks, Please Advise

Featured Replies

1. You can't go wrong staying in Covington or downtown. You have the Marriot and Embassy Suites in Covington that are side-by-side, and then there are a few options downtown.

 

2. For dinner, there are plenty of options. You can head over to Bellevue and eat on the river at Joe's Crabshack or Buckheads. You can go to Newport and eat at the variety of restaurants at the Levee. In Covington, you've got Willie's or Behle Street (which is in the lobby of the rivercenter). If downtown, you can go up to Cadillac Ranch on 6th street, grab a gyro on 4th at Mythos, eat on the square at Rock Bottom followed by an ice cream at Graeter's. There are plenty of options.

 

3. Thursday morning, not sure what can be done for fun. :idunno: I would say a duck tour, but they don't start until noon.

 

As far as transportation goes, cabs are abundant as mentioned, but TANK runs a shuttle service between Covington, Newport, and Cincinnati for like a buck.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hotel across from the Party Source sounds like a perfect place for you. Do not stay at the Travel Lodge.

Your probably right but there not in walking distance of the Levee are they? Wouldn't be a terrible cab rate though. Which one is down by the White Castle?

 

Walked from the Marriot quite a few times, used to get free parking down there. It's not that bad of a walk.

For fun the aquarium in the Levee would be perfect for a 7 year old. If that's not good you can always see a movie or something on the Levee or go to Gameworks. All of which are in the Levee.

Stay at the Marriot and take a cab to the Levee..There is a ton to do at the Levee..The cab ride shouldn't cost you more than $5.00 or $6.00...:thumb:

Stay in downtown Cincy, not in Covington. Westin, Hyatt, and Millenium are all good choices. For dinner I'd consider Jeff Ruby's (steak), Benihana (fun), or Boathouse (ribs and great sports atmosphere). Your kid will have a blast. Also, you can hit the aquarium in Newport for a couple of hours the morning of the game. A trip that you and your boy cill always remember. You also may want to check if you can tour the stadium before the game.

You don't want to stay in the Travelodge. The Marriot Rivercenter in Covington or the Comfort Suites in Newport are your best bets on the KY side of the river. I have stayed at the Comfort Suites a few times & they are pretty nice. Rooms would be about $100 per night.

 

I agree with the sentiments about the Levee. I'd recommend the Newport Aquarium. It's normally a pretty good time for kids that age. You'll enjoy it, too. I'd recommend that you go on your own schedule though. I had a few family members who made it there bright & early to catch the "Penguin Parade" and they said it was a bust. They have a penguin exhibit anyway where you can see them at all times, I think.

 

I definitely agree that you don't want to stay at the Travelodge. Newport's Comfort Suites or the new Holiday Inn Express in Bellevue are what I'd recommend instead. Both are close to the bridge you would need to walk across.

1. You can't go wrong staying in Covington or downtown. You have the Marriot and Embassy Suites in Covington that are side-by-side, and then there are a few options downtown.

 

2. For dinner, there are plenty of options. You can head over to Bellevue and eat on the river at Joe's Crabshack or Buckheads. You can go to Newport and eat at the variety of restaurants at the Levee. In Covington, you've got Willie's or Behle Street (which is in the lobby of the rivercenter). If downtown, you can go up to Cadillac Ranch on 6th street, grab a gyro on 4th at Mythos, eat on the square at Rock Bottom followed by an ice cream at Graeter's. There are plenty of options.

 

3. Thursday morning, not sure what can be done for fun. :idunno: I would say a duck tour, but they don't start until noon.

 

As far as transportation goes, cabs are abundant as mentioned, but TANK runs a shuttle service between Covington, Newport, and Cincinnati for like a buck.

 

All these are really great ideas. I also recommend Montgomery Ribs on the Ohio side. One thing you do not want to miss is Greaters Ice Cream. There is one in downtown cincinnati as well as off Buttermilk Pike in Northern KY. Best ice cream in the world hands down! A treat for kids of all ages!

All these are really great ideas. I also recommend Montgomery Ribs on the Ohio side. One thing you do not want to miss is Greaters Ice Cream. There is one in downtown cincinnati as well as off Buttermilk Pike in Northern KY. Best ice cream in the world hands down! A treat for kids of all ages!
There's also one on the Newport/Ft. Thomas border, just a few minutes from the river.
Stay in downtown Cincy, not in Covington. Westin, Hyatt, and Millenium are all good choices. For dinner I'd consider Jeff Ruby's (steak), Benihana (fun), or Boathouse (ribs and great sports atmosphere). Your kid will have a blast. Also, you can hit the aquarium in Newport for a couple of hours the morning of the game. A trip that you and your boy cill always remember. You also may want to check if you can tour the stadium before the game.

 

Bingo!!! Stick with this one - all great

I would check out the aquarium, as mentioned, and then hit one of the Levee restaurants, or drive down the block and go to Joe's Crab Shack or Buckhead's Mountain Grill. Of the two, I'd recommend the latter.

I think your son would like the aquarium before the afternoon game ( not sure what time they open). Bellevue has a few restaurants that are not chains. Montgomery Inn is also a great place to eat. As mentioned early, the River Boat Row Montgomery Inn is closer to the hotels along the river on the Ohio side. I've never eaten at Jeff Ruby's steakhouse, but here it is good (and expensive).

There's also one on the Newport/Ft. Thomas border, just a few minutes from the river.

 

There is a closer one on 4th and Monmouth in Newport also. I think that one is pretty new.

I think I would first spell "Cincinnati" the correct way first. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.