Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mr. Football 2009-2010

Featured Replies

  • Replies 54
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looks like a man amongst boys in those clips. KY will have a nice crop of players in the running for Mr. FB, and he's one of them.

He is big, strong & very fast! I could'nt help but notice some nice blocks @ the point of attack.... Amazing how a great back makes the D look like poor tacklers.

 

Who were the teams in that clip that he was running against? Looks like the young man has a lot going for him,if he can do that against quality teams. He looks like he has both speed and talent.

Travis Atwell, Hancock County, 1999

Derek Homer, Fort Knox, 1996

 

Fort Knox was AA in '96 when Homer won the honors. Pointing out the obvious, but they got beat by Breathitt Co in the finals.

 

Didn't Evarts HS have a guy back in the late 80's that won it? They were Class A.

 

I think there has been 3 Class A guys to win it. Atwell, Dennis Johnson and the Evarts player.

 

Weaver is legit and then some. Best of luck to you!

I think it will be very hard for a Class A kid to win Mr. Football. Has there ever been one??

Link

I say Rees MacShara, RB, Boyle County, but I am an unabashed homer and I am not ashamed of it either.:D

Good Player, Not Mr. Football.

 

Do you think he is worthy of making All-State?

Fort Knox was AA in '96 when Homer won the honors. Pointing out the obvious, but they got beat by Breathitt Co in the finals.

 

Didn't Evarts HS have a guy back in the late 80's that won it? They were Class A.

 

I think there has been 3 Class A guys to win it. Atwell, Dennis Johnson and the Evarts player.

 

Weaver is legit and then some. Best of luck to you!

 

And where did both those young men go to school. I am telling you right now, whoever is in the running better semi-commit to a Kentucky college or they won't have a shot of winning it. JMO!!!!

Yeah he is All-State for sure. I just know how that Mr. Football deal works around here and its hard to get votes for a kid in Frankfort and be able to beat out the Louisville and Lexingon kids in voting, and the Mountain voters always stay with the mountain kids.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

yeah he is All-State for sure. I just know how that Mr. Football deal works around here and its hard to get votes for a kid in Frankfort and be able to beat out the Louisville and Lexingon kids in voting, and the Mountain voters always stay with the mountain kids.

 

True...Going to an in state college always helps.

  • Author

Yea, very true I know it's hard for a 1A Frankfort player to win Mr. Football, just was asking for opinions, just wondering if he could atleast be in the race, or be recognized some how.. by the way who won Mr. Football last year? Was it the RunningBack from St. X?

Antonio Andrews of Fort Campbell would be among the favorites along with ___________ from Trinity and _____________ from St. Xavier

 

 

Since X has only ever had 1 Mr. Football and Trinity 2 I would say the odds are against us since we don't have any Brohms in the wings right now.

Some possible candidates:

 

Antonio Andrews – Ft Campbell

Tim Patterson - Central

Austin Collinsworth - Highlands

Channing Fugate – Breathitt Co

Tyrell Willis – Calloway Co

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.