Names for a baby girl?

King James

My daughter is Alexis Elizabeth...

Some ideas:

- Let your wife choose the first name that she loves; but you get to choose the middle name of your choice

- Honor someone special in your family with one of the names

- Some people even wait until they see the baby and then match a name that "fits"

Good luck! Keep us posted.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still remember reading a newspaper article the year we had our first child. You know - the one that lists the most popular boy and girl names of the year.

What I remember most from the article is a sentence that went something like this: Eighty years from now, our nursing homes will be filled with Heathers and Chads.

First, congrats on the upcoming birth of your daughter.

My daughters' names are Jasmine Nicole and Elizabeth Dawn. I agree with the "call them by their first name" thing. I go by my middle name and it can be aggravating.

Also, when you have a few in mind, go to your back door and yell each one for about ten minutes straight. (Trust me, you will be doing this for years to come). If the name still sounds good to you, go with it. :thumb:

My daughter is Alexis Elizabeth...

Some ideas:

- Let your wife choose the first name that she loves; but you get to choose the middle name of your choice

- Honor someone special in your family with one of the names

- Some people even wait until they see the baby and then match a name that "fits"

Good luck! Keep us posted.

We did this with both of our children.

Isabella. Can be shortened to Izzy or Belle/Bella.

While I like these names I would avoid them. When all these young woman and girls who are big Grey's Anatomy and Twilight fans start having babies there will be alot of Izzys and Bellas running around.