Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Nation's Top-Rated Recruiting Class?

Featured Replies

They'll be a better class than the Fab Five if they add Wall.

 

Based on online rankings? I am as excited as the anyone about this class. But I think it would be good to see them come do something 1st before we say they are better than any good recruiting class.

  • Replies 122
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
They'll appear to be better. We'll see how good they are once they hit the court.

 

Let me elaborate - by better, I mean a better rated class. I didnt' necessarily mean that they'll be better on the court. Remember, that Michigan team just started 5 freshmen out of the gate. At least 2 of UK's class will be reserves.

Wrong! He played two years at Hampton. Google Matt Pilgrim and it will bring up his stats at Hampton.

 

He played 1 year at Cincinatti. Maybe a different Matt Pilgrim.

He played 1 year at Cincinatti. Maybe a different Matt Pilgrim.

Huh???

He played 1 year at Cincinatti. Maybe a different Matt Pilgrim.

 

Huh???

 

:thumb:

 

I'm not sure where the confusion is. Matt Pilgrim played two years at Hampton, and will have two years at UK.

 

There is no Matt Pilgrim that played at UC.

He played 1 year at Cincinatti. Maybe a different Matt Pilgrim.

 

That was Mike Pilgrim his bro.

That was Mike Pilgrim his bro.

Who never actually hit the floor at UC for a myriad of reasons...

Who never actually hit the floor at UC for a myriad of reasons...

 

I remember the name but didnt realize he never played.

Let me elaborate - by better, I mean a better rated class. I didnt' necessarily mean that they'll be better on the court. Remember, that Michigan team just started 5 freshmen out of the gate. At least 2 of UK's class will be reserves.

 

Info from your link.....

 

 

(2) PF DeMarcus Cousins 6-9 250 Mobile, AL (*****)

(22) C Daniel Orton 6-10 260 Oklahoma City, OK (*****)

(23) PG Eric Bledsoe 6-1 185 Birmingham, AL (*****)

(40) SG Jon Hood 6-6 185 Madisonville, KY (****)

(NR) SF Darnell Dodson 6-7 215 Miami, FL (****)

 

This is already one heck of a recruiting class. One can only imagine if this were added:

 

(1) PG John Wall 6-4 184 Raleigh, NC (*****)

 

As a comparison, the famed Michigan Fab Five, which is generally considered the greatest recruiting class ever assembled, looked like this:

 

(1) Chris Webber

(5) Juwan Howard

(8) Jalen Rose

(18) Jimmy King

(48) Ray Jackson

 

By my numbers the Fab Five will still be a higher rated class even if UK adds John Wall. Add the rankings and take the average. The lower number wins.

 

Fab 5= 80/5= 16

 

UK(with Wall, not including Dodson so there will be 5 players)= 88/5= 17.6

 

For me that would give the Fab 5 the edge when it comes to ratings. What are you using to come up with your reasoning Wireman?

Info from your link.....

 

 

(2) PF DeMarcus Cousins 6-9 250 Mobile, AL (*****)

(22) C Daniel Orton 6-10 260 Oklahoma City, OK (*****)

(23) PG Eric Bledsoe 6-1 185 Birmingham, AL (*****)

(40) SG Jon Hood 6-6 185 Madisonville, KY (****)

(NR) SF Darnell Dodson 6-7 215 Miami, FL (****)

 

This is already one heck of a recruiting class. One can only imagine if this were added:

 

(1) PG John Wall 6-4 184 Raleigh, NC (*****)

 

As a comparison, the famed Michigan Fab Five, which is generally considered the greatest recruiting class ever assembled, looked like this:

 

(1) Chris Webber

(5) Juwan Howard

(8) Jalen Rose

(18) Jimmy King

(48) Ray Jackson

 

By my numbers the Fab Five will still be a higher rated class even if UK adds John Wall. Add the rankings and take the average. The lower number wins.

 

Fab 5= 80/5= 16

 

UK(with Wall, not including Dodson so there will be 5 players)= 88/5= 17.6

 

For me that would give the Fab 5 the edge when it comes to ratings. What are you using to come up with your reasoning Wireman?

 

I see what you are saying, but you can't simply dismiss the extra player and therefore that makes this method of comparison not a true measure as to which class would be better. Regardless, the comparison definitely can't be made yet because as of right now John Wall is not on the team therefore the biggest piece of the puzzle is still missing for this recruiting class.

Info from your link.....

 

 

(2) PF DeMarcus Cousins 6-9 250 Mobile, AL (*****)

(22) C Daniel Orton 6-10 260 Oklahoma City, OK (*****)

(23) PG Eric Bledsoe 6-1 185 Birmingham, AL (*****)

(40) SG Jon Hood 6-6 185 Madisonville, KY (****)

(NR) SF Darnell Dodson 6-7 215 Miami, FL (****)

 

This is already one heck of a recruiting class. One can only imagine if this were added:

 

(1) PG John Wall 6-4 184 Raleigh, NC (*****)

 

As a comparison, the famed Michigan Fab Five, which is generally considered the greatest recruiting class ever assembled, looked like this:

 

(1) Chris Webber

(5) Juwan Howard

(8) Jalen Rose

(18) Jimmy King

(48) Ray Jackson

 

By my numbers the Fab Five will still be a higher rated class even if UK adds John Wall. Add the rankings and take the average. The lower number wins.

 

Fab 5= 80/5= 16

 

UK(with Wall, not including Dodson so there will be 5 players)= 88/5= 17.6

 

For me that would give the Fab 5 the edge when it comes to ratings. What are you using to come up with your reasoning Wireman?

 

UK have a very good class, but the Fab 5 was once in a lifetime, whether the rankings show it or not. Webber is a future HOF'er. Rose was amazing in college and was a very solid pro. Juwan Howard was extremely tough in college, and was a good pro especially during his first few years.

 

1. Webber or Cousins- Webber. I like Cousins but it's not even close.

2. Howard or Orton- Howard. I think Orton could be very good, but Howard for now, probably in the future as wel.

3. J.Rose or Wall- Push. I think Wall can be better, but he has to: come here for this to matter, actually play in a few games, and have the impact college wise that Jalen Rose had.

4. King or Bledsoe- I will take King. I have watched Bledsoe and he is a nice player, but not as high quality as he is being ranked.

5. Ray Jackson or John Hood- Possibly a push, I love Hood's game, but I will take Jackson for now.

 

Fab Five all day long.

UK have a very good class, but the Fab 5 was once in a lifetime, whether the rankings show it or not. Webber is a future HOF'er. Rose was amazing in college and was a very solid pro. Juwan Howard was extremely tough in college, and was a good pro especially during his first few years.

 

1. Webber or Cousins- Webber. I like Cousins but it's not even close.

2. Howard or Orton- Howard. I think Orton could be very good, but Howard for now, probably in the future as wel.

3. J.Rose or Wall- Push. I think Wall can be better, but he has to: come here for this to matter, actually play in a few games, and have the impact college wise that Jalen Rose had.

4. King or Bledsoe- I will take King. I have watched Bledsoe and he is a nice player, but not as high quality as he is being ranked.

5. Ray Jackson or John Hood- Possibly a push, I love Hood's game, but I will take Jackson for now.

 

Fab Five all day long.

 

Only time will tell. :thumb: Though it is very close to call as of now.

UK have a very good class, but the Fab 5 was once in a lifetime, whether the rankings show it or not. Webber is a future HOF'er. Rose was amazing in college and was a very solid pro. Juwan Howard was extremely tough in college, and was a good pro especially during his first few years.

 

1. Webber or Cousins- Webber. I like Cousins but it's not even close.

2. Howard or Orton- Howard. I think Orton could be very good, but Howard for now, probably in the future as wel.

3. J.Rose or Wall- Push. I think Wall can be better, but he has to: come here for this to matter, actually play in a few games, and have the impact college wise that Jalen Rose had.

4. King or Bledsoe- I will take King. I have watched Bledsoe and he is a nice player, but not as high quality as he is being ranked.

5. Ray Jackson or John Hood- Possibly a push, I love Hood's game, but I will take Jackson for now.

 

Fab Five all day long.

 

 

This is a great way to break it down. After seeing this, I agree, it's not even close. UK's class is already great without Wall, adding Wall will make it very special, but not even close to the quality of players that the Fab Five brought to us.

 

 

IMO.

I see what you are saying, but you can't simply dismiss the extra player and therefore that makes this method of comparison not a true measure as to which class would be better. Regardless, the comparison definitely can't be made yet because as of right now John Wall is not on the team therefore the biggest piece of the puzzle is still missing for this recruiting class.

 

I actually left him off because he would make UK's average go up even higher so to make it even for both sides, I just dropped the lowest ranked player.

 

I would think that in order for this class to truly be better than the Fab 5 that they would need to be starting all 5 by the end of the year AND they win the National Championship. The Fab 5 made it to the NC and lost, so to be the best you have to beat the best, right?

I actually left him off because he would make UK's average go up even higher so to make it even for both sides, I just dropped the lowest ranked player.

 

I would think that in order for this class to truly be better than the Fab 5 that they would need to be starting all 5 by the end of the year AND they win the National Championship. The Fab 5 made it to the NC and lost, so to be the best you have to beat the best, right?

 

Yes the average ranking of the group goes up but there is an extra player which isn't a bad thing. I don't feel like this group is right now better than the fab five but if they can prove it on the court I would be very very happy. I also don't think that all five must be starting and win the NC in order to be considered better. The fab five didn't have a returning all american and possibly the best big man in the country to compete with for a starting role. As to your last point, sure, but these two teams will never play so that will never be known. Again though, I don't think this group of kids will end up being better than the fab five, but only time will truly tell.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.