May 6, 200917 yr This is one of the best recruiting classes EVER in UK history but definitly the Best class since Tubby brought in Rondo, Crawford, Bradley, Morris and Sparks. May not have been a 5-star recruit but turned out to be a very big player. Tubby didn't recruit Sparks. Sparks originally signed and played at Western. He later transferred to UK.
May 6, 200917 yr Well yeah, but my lineup was all freshman who are committed. With your assumptions, I think we'd see: Wall Meeks Miller Cousins Patterson 1. Wall (Galloway) If Wall does not come. 2. Bledsoe 3. Meeks (Miller) if he does not come back. 4. Cousins 5. Patterson I think this could be the best team ever. With Meeks, Patterson and Wall all being on the roster next year.
May 6, 200917 yr Tubby didn't recruit Sparks. Sparks originally signed and played at Western. He later transferred to UK. Transfers are recruited the same as high school players are, after announcing his transfer. Sparks announced he was leaving then Tubby got on him very hard.
May 6, 200917 yr 1. Wall (Galloway) If Wall does not come. 2. Bledsoe 3. Meeks (Miller) if he does not come back. 4. Cousins 5. Patterson I think this could be the best team ever. With Meeks, Patterson and Wall all being on the roster next year. There is no way that Galloway starts next year under any circumstances.
May 6, 200917 yr 1. Wall (Galloway) If Wall does not come. 2. Bledsoe 3. Meeks (Miller) if he does not come back. 4. Cousins 5. Patterson I think this could be the best team ever. With Meeks, Patterson and Wall all being on the roster next year. If wall isn't here, that means Bledsoe starts, not Galloway. IMO
May 6, 200917 yr Transfers are recruited the same as high school players are, after announcing his transfer. Sparks announced he was leaving then Tubby got on him very hard. Understood. I just don't think transfers are included in "recruiting classes", rankings, etc. Is that not right?
May 6, 200917 yr ^ You have 14 players on that team, only 13 schollys. Crap! lol Well take Galloway off the bottom because I went back and forth on if it was 13 or 14. I obviously thought it was 14 so I added Galloway. Since it is 13 just take him off and thats what our team will look like next year imo...
May 6, 200917 yr Looking at this class (and the potential of having Wall), it provoked some memories. I remember the Spring of 1979. That was the last UK class I thought of in these terms. That spring UK landed local guys Dirk Minnifield and Charles Hurt. They added McD All-american Derrick Hord. Then Sam Bowie came on board. Finally, I waited for a while believing the last piece was coming. Ralph Sampson. It was perfect. Just over a year removed from a National title and the "Twin Towers", here were the greatest "Twin Towers" of them all. Sampson at Center and Bowie at a Forward. Dirk Minnifield was going to be a great guard and Hord a great SF. Macy was back and Dwight Anderson who both had great years in spite of having no depth the year before and ending in the NIT. Then Sampson succombed to local VA pressure. He stayed home. Dwight Anderson was kicked off the team about 11 games in after finding the going a little harder with a team filled with athletes and stars. It was a good year and even better were to surely follow. But Minnifield struggled some the next season as PG alone without Macy. Bowie was magnificent but it never quite clicked. Then Bowie was out for two whole years. Hord was great as a Junior but the wheels came off in the NCAA (MTSU) and he never recovered. Hurt was consistent but not flashy or a scorer. I hope, as great as this class is and can be, it's not the same ending this time. Anything can happen. Both good and bad. Anything. I remember all this very, very well. You brought back a lot of memories for me also. I was at UK about that time and got to watch a full practice at Memorial Collesium with Coach Hall's permission. I sat at mid court for 3 hours one Friday afternoon and never budged till it was over. I agree that group never quite achieved the levels that we thought were sure to happen. Hopefully, this time things will be different.
May 6, 200917 yr There is no way that Galloway starts next year under any circumstances. Agreed, if anyone starts at the point not named Wall or Bledsoe its going to be Liggins or Miller. I promise Galloway won't start let alone see the floor. Especially with the signing of Dodson.
May 6, 200917 yr Galloway will be there next year. He's a senior, which means he's guaranteed a spot.
May 6, 200917 yr Galloway will be there next year. He's a senior, which means he's guaranteed a spot. Then who is out? Liggins will be there....did you not see that whole article about his new relationship with Calipari in the Herald Leader a few weeks ago? I say its Harrelson, Stewart, and Galloway who may leave on his own terms...I love the guy but he is not going to see the floor.
May 6, 200917 yr Author Then who is out? Liggins will be there....did you not see that whole article about his new relationship with Calipari in the Herald Leader a few weeks ago? I say its Harrelson, Stewart, and Galloway who may leave on his own terms...I love the guy but he is not going to see the floor. It won't be Galloway.
May 6, 200917 yr Then who is out? Liggins will be there....did you not see that whole article about his new relationship with Calipari in the Herald Leader a few weeks ago? I say its Harrelson, Stewart, and Galloway who may leave on his own terms...I love the guy but he is not going to see the floor. I don't know, who it will be, but it won't be Galloway. He has transferred twice already, thus I don't believe he's allowed to do so again, and part of the agreement with Cal & UK is that all seniors to be were back, no questions asked. If I were a betting man, I'd say Stewart and Liggins are both gone.
May 6, 200917 yr I don't know, who it will be, but it won't be Galloway. He has transferred twice already, thus I don't believe he's allowed to do so again, and part of the agreement with Cal & UK is that all seniors to be were back, no questions asked. If I were a betting man, I'd say Stewart and Liggins are both gone. Stewart is the safe bet as one. I'd venture to add Liggins to that list as well, though he said he likes Cal. Although Harrellson wants to stay, I would say the chances are slim. By the way, Jerry Meyer said Kentucky would have the new #1 class with the rankings come out.
May 6, 200917 yr Looking at this class (and the potential of having Wall), it provoked some memories. I remember the Spring of 1979. That was the last UK class I thought of in these terms. That spring UK landed local guys Dirk Minnifield and Charles Hurt. They added McD All-american Derrick Hord. Then Sam Bowie came on board. Finally, I waited for a while believing the last piece was coming. Ralph Sampson. It was perfect. Just over a year removed from a National title and the "Twin Towers", here were the greatest "Twin Towers" of them all. Sampson at Center and Bowie at a Forward. Dirk Minnifield was going to be a great guard and Hord a great SF. Macy was back and Dwight Anderson who both had great years in spite of having no depth the year before and ending in the NIT. Then Sampson succombed to local VA pressure. He stayed home. The local pressure was his mother. Sampson wanted so bad to go to KY, but his mother pressured him into going to UVA. He spoke with Joe B Hall, in tears, saying that he was sorry and he really wanted to play at UK but his mother's pressure won the day. Had his mother allowed him to go where he wanted, talk about a special recruiting class. :scared:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.