Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jodie Meeks: "I will probably be back next year."

Featured Replies

If he gets drafted then he's gone. That means he didn't withdrawl his name from the draft. You can't wait to see where you are drafted, and then decide to come back.

 

I think you misunderstood pigman's post there. He was responding to a guy earlier who made it seem like it was a question if Patterson would get drafted. So he was just saying that he would get drafted if he stayed in...:thumb:

  • Replies 63
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've figured both will be back for a while now.

Thanks FC I should've said where he's projected to be drafted.

AS far as the scholarship count goes, isn't having both Meeks and Patterson declaring a great move by UK. NOw they can sign (1 more player) and be right with numbers assuming both Meeks and Patterson stay in the draft.

It looks like to me, this gives Cal some wiggle room with the scholarship question. If one or both decide to come back, the players that were probably warned ahead of time will no longer be on scholarship.

I wouldn't be. He was pushed to enter his name into the draft by Coach Cal, and rightfully so. It only makes sense to test the waters.

 

With that said, I think this comment & the fact that he was getting some pictures taken with Dan Issel bode well for Kentucky fans. It doesn't hurt that he's projected as a 2nd rounder, either.

 

Jodie Meeks will be back at Kentucky, barring something crazy.

 

:thumb:

This is not much of a shock. I really think Meeks will flourish even more next season with the coaching change.

Not long ago, you said he would commit within a week or so.

 

I'm not calling you out, but what happened to change your mind?

 

I'm still positive he will be here. Beyond positive, really.

 

You sound pretty convincing SSF. I might hurt you if he doesn't :taz:. (jk)

I hope that Meeks and Patterson come back. I am a selfish U.K. fan it that way :D. Should they go then I will certainly wish them well but as the kid in the Christmas Story said when "stuck" to the flag pole......Come Baaack, please come baaaack.....:p

I think he will be back. He is not one to rush into something. He will stay imo.

I think he will be back. He is not one to rush into something. He will stay imo.

He will be back, but it's because he is nowhere close to a 1st round pick...

He will be back, but it's because he is nowhere close to a 1st round pick...

 

Exactly...:thumb:

  • Author

The good thing is, He sounded like he wanted to come back more than go pro.

The good thing is, He sounded like he wanted to come back more than go pro.

 

Do you think Coach Cal. has an impact on him coming back or not?

A great kid, on & off the court for certain! He represents the university & the program with dignity & grace!

  • Author
Do you think Coach Cal. has an impact on him coming back or not?

 

Yes, Cal told me he "encouraged Jodie to test the draft waters".

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.