Which team has a better chance of missing the NBA Finals?

Better chance of missing the Finals?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Better chance of missing the Finals?

• Lakers
    • Cavs

It is easily Cleveland. Orlando will give them all they can handle and then some.

Agreed. I don't see the Lakers losing because they are excellent defensively and athletically all-around IMO, and they step it up when they need to. I don't see that out of the Nuggets or really anyone in the West for that matter.

As for the Cavs- and keep in mind I have a hard time seeing them get beat- I think a few teams could give them trouble. I don't think West or Williams are strong (or big) enough defensively to neutralize a lot of the guards left. I also think that you see a big dip in Lebron's points if he has to guard a Paul Pierce type player in a whole series

Agreed. I don't see the Lakers losing because they are excellent defensively and athletically all-around IMO, and they step it up when they need to. I don't see that out of the Nuggets or really anyone in the West for that matter.

As for the Cavs- and keep in mind I have a hard time seeing them get beat- I think a few teams could give them trouble. I don't think West or Williams are strong (or big) enough defensively to neutralize a lot of the guards left. I also think that you see a big dip in Lebron's points if he has to guard a Paul Pierce type player in a whole series

That really hurt his production last year vs. Boston. :idunno: He averaged about 27 per game in the playoffs vs. Boston last year. I doubt that the absence of Garnett in the paint defensively will hurt Lebron's ability to score this time around.

Lebron and the Cavs are finally primed to contend for a title. Nobody in the east can seriously threaten them. If things break right, the Magic or Celtics could possibly push them to six games.

It's a Lakers/Cavs show. Barring a major injury, nobody else is a serious threat to appear in the finals. Both teams are extreme long shots to get knocked off before then.

That really hurt his production last year vs. Boston. :idunno: He averaged about 27 per game in the playoffs vs. Boston last year. I doubt that the absence of Garnett in the paint defensively will hurt Lebron's ability to score this time around.

Lebron and the Cavs are finally primed to contend for a title. Nobody in the east can seriously threaten them. If things break right, the Magic or Celtics could possibly push them to six games.

It's a Lakers/Cavs show. Barring a major injury, nobody else is a serious threat to appear in the finals. Both teams are extreme long shots to get knocked off before then.

The Cavs have a great shot, but with the way you talk, why are they even playing the games? :idunno: The Magic can definitely beat the Cavs in a 7 game series. You suggesting there is no possibility of it happening is silly.

The Cavs have a great shot, but with the way you talk, why are they even playing the games? :idunno: The Magic can definitely beat the Cavs in a 7 game series. You suggesting there is no possibility of it happening is silly.

Not a chance. Name the last team that went to the finals without a go-to scorer/playmaker or two.

Boston- Pierce. Garnett and Allen could do it some as well.

Lakers- Kobe. And Shaq when they played together

Spurs- Parker, Ginobili the last two times. Duncan before that.

Cavs- Lebron

Heat- DWade

Mavericks- Dirk

Pistons- Chauncey Billups

Nets- Jason Kidd (not a scorer but a great playmaker)

76ers- Iverson

Pacers- Reggie Miller

Maybe the Knicks fit here? Well, it's up for debate. Do you count a very old Patrick Ewing? Or Allan Houston or Lattrell Spreewell? Maybe, maybe not.

If you count the Knicks as a team with an offensive playmaker, then you have to go back to the 70's.

The Magic have a nice team, but in a 7 game series against a championship caliber team you can't get it done without a go-to guy. Defensively, Howard brings that. But, his offensive game is raw, and how many times would a team in the playoffs let him dunk in the game winning basket? There's a reason why Hedu has the ball at the end of games. But even then, what would he do with LeBron guarding him for a series? He struggled at times against Philly and Igoudola, who is a fine player, but no where near what LeBron brings. Then who can carry the load? Rashard Lewis? He will be a tough matchup for the Cavs if the two teams play, but he is not consistent enough to keep it up for an entire series. I guess Courtney Lee, Alston, and Reddick will have to carry the load in the clutch. I give the Magic very little chance of beating the Cavs in a series if both teams are healthy.

For what reason, other than having a winning record agains the Cavs in the regular season, do you think the Magic could beat the Cavs? Have you seen the two teams play lately? They are on different planets. Anything could happen, but it would be a huge upset.

I agree. They have a chance...Lebron could always get injured.

If the Cavs stay healthy, the Magic will be lucky if they can push the series to six games.

They play the games because that's how the playoff system is set up in the NBA. But, there's no drama regarding who meets in the finals this year if everyone stays healthy.

Orlando isn't on Cleveland's level and you'll see that IF they get to the conference finals.:thumb:

I agree. They have a chance...Lebron could always get injured.

If the Cavs stay healthy, the Magic will be lucky if they can push the series to six games.

They play the games because that's how the playoff system is set up in the NBA. But, there's no drama regarding who meets in the finals this year if everyone stays healthy.

Orlando isn't on Cleveland's level and you'll see that IF they get to the conference finals.:thumb:

:thumb:

Just to put Orlando into perspective , they are 6-3againest the Lakers, Cavs and Celtics combined which are considered the top 3 teams in the league. 2-2 againest Celtics , 2-0 againest the Lakers and 2-1 againest Cleveland.

I am going with Cleveland with the hardest path.

Just to put Orlando into perspective , they are 6-3againest the Lakers, Cavs and Celtics combined which are considered the top 3 teams in the league. 2-2 againest Celtics , 2-0 againest the Lakers and 2-1 againest Cleveland.

I am going with Cleveland with the hardest path.

But hey, Orlando has zero chance to make it to the finals....:idunno: