Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Oakley

Featured Replies

I have two pair, half jackets (my third of these) and a Fives Squared, I absolutely love them!

 

Well worth it and I highly recommend them.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bought a pair of SNIKE's in Florida about 8 years ago, they are still in good shape. Best $5 I've spent.

 

Why is the military issuing every soldier over a $100 pair of glasses in this state of economy?

 

They issue clear and dark lenses to be used in them. The soldiers need eye protection whether it be day/night or indoor/outdoor and this is the military's way of giving them that protection.

I've had two pairs. I bought a pair of Jackets when I was about 18. Came home one day and my dog had them in his mouth. Chewed them up pretty good. It took me awhile to buy another pair. Now I have a pair of Half Jackets I bought 3-4 years ago.

I own five pairs, don't go outside without them.

I have a pair of FlakJackets--possibly the best pair of sunglasses I have ever owned....a little on the expensive side but polarized & worth it!

I've had five or six pair in the last 15 years, I broke one pair, the dog chewd up one pair and I have lost the rest. I have never had the polarized, the most I have ever paid was $150.00. I just bought a pair a couple of weeks ago if they survive the trip to Talladega next weekend I should be able to hang on to them for a while.

I have 2 pairs of the Gas Cans. I really enjoy them. I use to have a pair of minutes but got rid of them. They are high but I really like the look and fit of them.

I've only owned one pair of Oakley's. I got them in 8th grade because it was "cool." I will never pay that much for sunglasses again. IMO, you can get glasses that work just as well for $5.

  • Author
I've only owned one pair of Oakley's. I got them in 8th grade because it was "cool." I will never pay that much for sunglasses again. IMO, you can get glasses that work just as well for $5.

 

That can be argued:D

That can be argued:D

 

They might not look as "cool" but the $5 cheapies I have in my car do the same job my Oakleys did.

Amen to the $5 cheapies. I went through 3 pair of Ray Ban aviators before realizing, spending big money on sunglasses wasn't a good idea for me.:cool:

FF had a pair and he loved them. I the bad wife lost them at the Kenny Chesney concert. :(

I really like Oakleys, but my melon is too big for them. I've had a pair of Ray Bans for quite sometime and I love them, with that being said it's the first pair of glasses I've had for more than a year without breaking.

Amen to the $5 cheapies. I went through 3 pair of Ray Ban aviators before realizing, spending big money on sunglasses wasn't a good idea for me.:cool:

 

I agee. I own a $5 pair that I bought at a flea market, I have had them for over 5 years and I have yet to squint my eyes.:cool:

Oakleys are definately better in a few ways:

 

1) The fit of them, along with other designer sunglasses, are 99% of the time better than the fit of the cheap glasses you can get at the mall or the gas station.

 

2) Regardless of if you get the polarized lenses or not, you can definitely tell that when you look through a pair of cheap lenses, it's basically a dark shade over your eyes, whereas Oakleys more or less shade the light out, while keeping the colors of different things you're looking at. (You have to see for yourself)

 

3) They have an 0 on the side. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.