Everything posted by HOOPSCOACH
-
NKY Middle School Basketball League
Fleming County has a gaurd nobody could stop at all. Got to the rim any time he wanted.
-
AAU in Northern Kentucky
6th grade Wolfpack Tardevils Sharks NKYWildcats 5th grade Magic 5th grade Legends Tri State Warriors probably
-
NKY Middle School Basketball League
He is a stud!!
-
NKY Middle School Basketball League
I think kids should be able to play up!! If you have a fifth grader good enough to play or even start for a school 6th grade team. You are holding that child back but not letting him on the team. The only reason why they don't is so parents of a cut kid, doesn't cry, moan and groan. I know in Kenton County the 4th and 5th grade school league is a fundamental league. It is a necessary league to teach the kids not in AAU to play the game. But every school has a hand full kids that are a little more developed and they need something else. At my son's school I begged the AD to let me grab 7 kids and go play in the SOAS school league. She wouldn't give me any gym time for these kids if we played there. You would really think the high school coaches would get more involved in this, but they don't. Walton does and outstanding job with their youth leagues. Schools should copy what they are doing. But this has to start at the top with the high school coaches and AD.
-
NKY Middle School Basketball League
Okerman will be even stronger is Dalton Turner comes out of hiding and plays. Big strong kid to go with Moss. I heard he wasn't playing anymore for some reason.
-
NKY Middle School Basketball League
Conner 8th is very good and got a cake walk in their district.
-
Treg Setty gets some love
Sorry, got the wrong one. His older brother that played with Darius is going to Pikeville.
-
Treg Setty gets some love
Signing with Kelly Wells and Pikeville College tomorrow morning.
-
Top Coaches in the 9th?
I have a hard time putting Henley at the top of this list. I know they won state and only loss one game. But talent wins a lot of games, coaching wins a lot of close games. I don't know how many close game they had, not counting the state finals. With the talent or lack of talent he seems to have every year. I think Jim Hicks does about as good as of job as you can do. His teams always seem to have a plan to exacute against their opponet. Where as Holmes, Dixie and Cov Cath just seem to come and play. Holmes just seems to have the talent to win those games. I will say this about Henley, his teams will guard you, tip to buzzer. Maybe that is his game plan. Play as hard as you can on the defensive side and I will let you do freelance on the offensive side.
-
Hood will lead the KY All Stars
Riley should be there, period.
-
Ohio/Kentucky All Stars
Middelton from Mason won MVP with one of the Faulkner boys. Middelton played very well going to the bucket getting at least four three point plays. Ky squad won. The Boone County kid looked lost out there. He played hard, I will give him that but looked lost on offense.
-
Lexington Catholic/Bowling Green Updates
what the score?
-
Lexington Catholic/Bowling Green Updates
O.T.
-
2009 Kentucky State Champ?
Shelby Valley. I picked them in November and I am sticking with them. I am from NKY and I didn't drink the Holmes cool aid. They have experienced gaurds and a good big man. They don't depend on one thing to win. I think they can win ugly like Holmes or run with EC. My second pick is Holmes, I might have drank a little bit of it :lol:
-
Boone vs. Ryle
Closer than the score let's on. Boone played very well.
-
AAU Basketball 2
U8 and U10 are the first of the AAU State Tourney's. Who is playing D1 U10? Usually this field is a little light.
-
AAU Basketball 2
I thought the Wolfpack was playing as well?
-
Boone County 74 Dixie Heights 44
Good coaches make adjustments at halftime. Boone is playing well going into the district and Dixie is limping into the tourney.
-
AAU Basketball 2
Hoge is playing with a team called the Nuggets but I don't think it's the DC Nuggets. I thought DC was Derby City out of Lville.
-
AAU Basketball 2
I noticed on Hoops website that The Legends play the Wolfpack on Saturday. Is this the Wolfpack coached by Moeves?
-
AAU Basketball 2
I don't know. Jackson County was beating them till the big kid went to play with the 4th grade team. I think the Tarheels have better players than Jackson Co. The Pike kid needs to like he does with the Wolfpack. Looked a little lost at times yesterday.
-
AAU Basketball 2
At the BCI the SW Indiana team won the U12 tourney. They had a pretty nice squad, I believe they where from New Albany Indy. In the U9 group the Tarheels beat Jackson County by a few points. In the U10 the Cincy Knights defeated the NK Wildcats by 4 or 6, something like that. Game was a battle to the end. To bad all the good refs had gone home when these two played. To young refs, let the Knights coaches scare them. They wouldn't make some of the calls that needed to be made. Dave had to be pleased this weekend, he had some great crowds this weekend.
-
Top 10 teams in the state?
I would have to think Shelby Valley for the 15th will be tough as well. All five starters listed in the 10 players in the region. They have size with two kids over 6-6 and a very solid PG getting D1 looks.