April 18, 200917 yr I'd like to get a pair but they are expensive. I'll just wait until the military issues me mine.
April 18, 200917 yr Author I'd like to get a pair but they are expensive. I'll just wait until the military issues me mine. I've seen the military issue ones on ebay, so everyone is issued a pair?
April 18, 200917 yr Author 1 pair, its my 3rd pair though, I like em, but they are high! Did you break them or lose them?
April 18, 200917 yr I've seen the military issue ones on ebay, so everyone is issued a pair? I do believe so.
April 18, 200917 yr I've got a pair of Minutes, had 'em since 2002. They're overpriced, but I love them.
April 18, 200917 yr I have a pair my GF got for me at the place she works. It's an eye doctor so she can get some good deals. Quality classes.
April 18, 200917 yr Quality shades but sunglasses are about the worst investment you can make. Have so many friends in which I have seen $200-300 Oakley's go by the wayside within a span of a couple of weeks. Easy to drop, easy to lose, and hard to maintain. If you can keep them in one piece and in your possession though can't go wrong with a pair.
April 18, 200917 yr I've got a pair of half jackets that I've had for a couple of years. I've changed the lenses once but they've been a good pair of sunglasses. However, the best pair I've ever had was a pair of Maui Jim's. They lasted for over 5 years and I actually gave them away--they're probably still in action somewhere.
April 18, 200917 yr Did you break them or lose them? Lost my first pair, and sold my 2nd pair which were Square wires just like my first pair. The 2nd pair went on ebay when my ex got me my polarized half jackets because they are more for sport, like running and cycling.
April 18, 200917 yr I see no point whatsoever in paying those exorbitant sums for sunglasses. There's no way they can be that much better than a $10 pair you can get in a carryout to justify paying that much more. A few weeks back, I bought three pairs of sunglasses at the dirt mall in E'town. Paid a buck apiece. They do exactly what I need, and I don't care one iota if something happens to them.
April 18, 200917 yr I bought a pair of SNIKE's in Florida about 8 years ago, they are still in good shape. Best $5 I've spent. Why is the military issuing every soldier over a $100 pair of glasses in this state of economy?
April 18, 200917 yr I drive all the time for work so I like having polarized one's. Most of my friends go through a couple of pairs a year. I kept my 1st Oakleys for almost 4 years. That is about 20 bucks a year which was definatly worth it! I'm going on my third year with the Ray Bans I have (not the Top Gun kind lol). They have definatly been worth it. I think it all comes down to if you are one of those people that go through a bunch or if you keep them a long time. Kind of like shoes. I know people that go through tons. I seem to get at least a year if not more out of shoes. Dress shoes way longer! I have a little clip that hangs on my sun visor that I put my glasses on. This keeps me from sitting on them. I think that's the biggest reason I've been able to keep them a long time.
April 18, 200917 yr I've had my pair since I guess like 2006. I've "broken" them many a times and they always just snap back in. No idea how I've never lost them. I love them but may get a new pair this year. the Oakley in the front is sompletely warn off of them by now.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.