Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Billy G to Xavier?

Featured Replies

With the Xavier job opening up because of Miller's departure to Arizona, what are the chances BCG ends up at X?

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Washington State is taking a good, hard look at Gillispie, per ESPN.

I thought Miller turned Arizona down, am I mistaken?

I thought Miller turned Arizona down, am I mistaken?

 

He did at first. Then Arizona made another offer today that he just couldn't refuse.

With the Xavier job opening up because of Miller's departure to Arizona, what are the chances BCG ends up at X?

 

I'm going to go somewhere around 0% to 1%...

 

And wait, I just got an update.

 

1% has just stepped out of the building.

 

Gillispie will not go to Xavier.

I'm going to go somewhere around 0% to 1%...

 

And wait, I just got an update.

 

1% has just stepped out of the building.

 

Gillispie will not go to Xavier.

and you know this how?
and you know this how?

 

I will say this:

 

Xavier will most likely hire either the lead assistant or Brad Stevens from Butler.

 

Do I know as fact? No. I'm asking people around there now what looks likely.

 

Personal opinion on Gillispie matter.

I hope he doesn't. I'd hate to see Xavier regress.

I hope he doesn't. I'd hate to see Xavier regress.

 

True. :thumb:

I hope he doesn't. I'd hate to see Xavier regress.

 

I agree. He already took my favorite team to the NIT, I dont want to see him do that to my second favorite team either.

Are we going to speculate Billy G going to any school when a vacancy pops up?

I doubt very seriously that BCG will be hired by Xavier.

Chris Mack or John Groce at Ohio U seem the most likely candidates. Also wonder if they would look at Pat Kelsey at Wake. I'd have Stevens on top of my list, but X likes to hire guys with X in their background...

#1- I think BCG tries for a more "high profile" job. If one does not come his way this year, then he waits for later. (He can afford to.)

 

#2- I also think it is starting to look like someone has to speculate on here every time there is a new opening, regardless of the area it is in, that it is a BCG possibility. We know he is not hard up for money, so some of the openings are not jobs he will take. He just left one of the most high-profile jobs in all of sports, so look for him to try to finsd something more toward that level, IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.