Jim Daughtery Tournament this weekend at Bellevue and Verona

And a fair opinion at that. No doubt Lloyd is the real deal this season. They impressed me in pre-season when we played them. Definitely a top ten team.

I won't comment on their claim to the top 10. No clue.

However, I don't put much stock into games like this where there are multiple games in a short period of time. Pitching depth can distort the outcomes.

If I'm voting I base it on Team A's ace against Team B's ace.

Thats good because Bellevue through their ace and Lloyd did not :)

OK.

When did he last pitch? How many pitches? How many innings? Days rest?

Again, I'm not debating who is better between these two. I believe I used the words "no clue."

Talk to me when they play in a meaningful game and both teams bring their A game.

Thats good because Bellevue through their ace and Lloyd did not :)

No they did not. Piper through against Lloyd and he isn't first in their rotation or their "ace". Piper pitched very well for the first few innings until he made a defensive error and then seem to struggle.

Piper had last thrown against Boone County on Tuesday, which was five days prior.

No they did not. Piper through against Lloyd and he isn't first in their rotation or their "ace". Piper pitched very well for the first few innings until he made a defensive error and then seem to struggle.

Piper had last thrown against Boone County on Tuesday, which was five days prior.

Really? Piper is not their ace? Who is? Pretty certain that going into the season that Coach Sanders told me he had Piper slotted as his #1, which would also explain why he threw him in the game against NCC to open the season.

Really? Piper is not their ace? Who is? Pretty certain that going into the season that Coach Sanders told me he had Piper slotted as his #1, which would also explain why he threw him in the game against NCC to open the season.

Jimmy Scott was suppose to pitch the NCC game, but he sprained his ankle. I believe he is their ace.

I would assume that Piper is the ace, as he has faced NCC, Boone County, and the championship game in the tournament. However, Scott has done exceptionally well (has yet to give up a run in 13 innings) and Young has done great as well (has only given up 1 ER in two starts). So although Piper may be considered the ace (or not depending on who you speak to), the Tigers have 3 good arms in the rotation.

I believe Scott is the #1. He was actually about a week late starting the season due to an injury. One thing that has impressed me with Bellevue that wouldn't be anticipated from reading threads here is that their pitching is much better than one would expect from a school their size. Their ability and their depth are both better than most would expect. The pitching staff has served them very well.

I probably should clarify that I was just referencing the other post. I don't want to sound as if not having Scott throw against Lloyd lost the game. Lloyd was a VERY good team!! They were coached well and they earned my respect from this one game. Regardless of who threw that day for Bellevue (Piper, Scott, or one of the others), Lloyd outplayed us. :thumb:

I would assume that Piper is the ace, as he has faced NCC, Boone County, and the championship game in the tournament. However, Scott has done exceptionally well (has yet to give up a run in 13 innings) and Young has done great as well (has only given up 1 ER in two starts). So although Piper may be considered the ace (or not depending on who you speak to), the Tigers have 3 good arms in the rotation.

Posting at the same time. Ditto on your thoughts!! :thumb:

The thing is Lloyd won this game without Dylan McGuire, their best player. There were guys playing positions they don't normally play, and still managed only one error. Tony Piper pitched great for the first couple of innings, but Lloyd fed off of good hits and errors. Lloyd's Aaron Warren also pitched well, and the defense backed him up. The triple play changed the momentum of the game, and after that Bellevue struggled. The real test will be Friday when Lloyd goes to play PRP at PRP.

I won't comment on their claim to the top 10. No clue.

However, I don't put much stock into games like this where there are multiple games in a short period of time. Pitching depth can distort the outcomes.

If I'm voting I base it on Team A's ace against Team B's ace.

Still have to score to win...