Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Wall Update...

Featured Replies

What's Billy Donavon's

philosophy on recruiting? "I don't care how big or small they are, as long as they can put the ball in the whole" Sounds like to me he doesn't do much teaching...and those shooting coaches are probably in the NBA not in college!

All big time college programs have shooting coaches just like every team has stregnth coaches.

  • Replies 175
  • Views 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wall's shot isn't all that bad. I mean he's no sharp shooter, but considering how good the other fasets of his game are, his shots not too shabby either. It's not like he's a brickmaster or nothing, he certainly has the ability to knock down the jumpers, its just not the most proven part of his game yet. Bottomline is he can score, and score in many different ways, his outside shot just being at the bottom of the list when it comes to ways he can score best. Still doesn't mean he is a horrible shot, and although it is a point of emphasis to "work on" I think as it stands people will be suprised at how good of a shot he truly is.

All big time college programs have shooting coaches just like every team has stregnth coaches.

 

I guess I didn't know that but usually most top recruits know how to shoot the ball or they wouldn't be a top recruit!!!:thumb:

What I want to know is,can he pass the ball? All I seen him do was shoot and dunk.

What I want to know is,can he pass the ball? All I seen him do was shoot and dunk.

 

Is an unbelievable passer. Has had a 40 point triple double this season. He is a tremendous run and gun passer, and tremendous penetrate and dish passer. I would venture to say his passing skills are probably the best in the class, shooting and dunking are just something else he is pretty good at.

Is an unbelievable passer. Has had a 40 point triple double this season. He is a tremendous run and gun passer, and tremendous penetrate and dish passer. I would venture to say his passing skills are probably the best in the class, shooting and dunking are just something else he is pretty good at.

 

Thats good enough for me,just hopes he'll come to UK.:thumb:

How the future of Kentucky basketball has changed in the last 48hrs. Its so:popcorn: much fun to talk about the best recruits in the country again

How the future of Kentucky basketball has changed in the last 48hrs. Its so:popcorn: much fun to talk about the best recruits in the country again

 

Tell me about it. I mean seriosuly looking back on it a lot of us were really living in the hopes of false promise being we are KENTUCKY FANS. Now we really have reason to have promise in the future of Kentucky basketball. Just think of how pumped we were for guys such as Orton, Hood, and Pilgrim coming in giving us hope for a good season. Truth of the matter is we are probably real dilusional being again we are CAT fans :D.

 

 

I mean think about it, Orton's coming off Knee surgery, no one really knows what Hood is truly going to bring other than the fact he is a good shooter, descent size, and he is a Kentucky boy who will be extremely passionate and hard working just to wear that jersey (ala Darius Miller). And Matt Pilgrim? Guy does athleticly killer dunks and tears it up in a few pickup games and we get so jacked about him. Truth of the matter is he has always been an underachieving guy with questionable work ethic, coming in from a super small program. Not that I feel dumb looking back, just shows how dedicated all of us were and are to this program being whoever it is on the floor we want them to succeed so bad we can't stand it.

 

Now however, the promises of a great future aren't that unrealistic. If we can add a guy like a Cousins, a Wall, or certainly a Henry, and if not either maybe a Nolan Dennis. Or even just one, the hype for next season maybe worth the merit. Then if not, then lets say next year when we will really be in the mix for some of the best 2010 has to offer. So man how good does that feel when like said we have been getting jacked just for guys like Pilgrim, Liggins, and Galloway. Ohhhhhh My.

That is absolutely what we want.

I'm guessing your not a UK fan? :ohbrother:

I'm guessing your not a UK fan? :ohbrother:

 

He's a Dukie. :thumb:

He's a Dukie. :thumb:

:ohbrother: Thats 1 too many duke fans in this world.

I think this kid would be the gem of the class, as far as our needs go. I hope we land him, even if he only stays for a year or two.

I know we've posted a couple of video's on him already, but heres one that may address those who haven't really got a chance to see his shooting ability (which gets questioned) or passing ability.

 

 

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=52242&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d52242

According to Wall in an interview with Matt Jones, this is not true. Claims he doesnt have a leader and hasnt talked to Coach since the night before he took the job.

Its not as sure fire as a lot of people thought, but I do still like our chances with him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.