Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Wall Update...

Featured Replies

When it comes down to it, there's not a UK fan who likes Duke at all and there

s not a Duke fan who like's a UK fan...2 schools who absoloutly hate each other,kinda makes you wonder why they don't play every year!!!

 

Most Duke fans are very indifferent about UK, they don't even really cross their minds, particularly as of late.

  • Replies 175
  • Views 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found on Devils Illustrated

 

Top 10 reasons Calipari went to Kentucky Reply

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10) Seeing if you can get kids without rapsheets to win in your system...nevermind...recruit the same kids.

9) Ashley Judd - she used to be #3 but lets face it...it's not the late 90s anymore

8) The enjoyment of getting begged to coach a program that was afraid of your "skeletons" just 2 years ago

7) Dating teenagers while driving under the influence is legal...as long as you win

6) Getting to pick players from 2 separate top recruiting classes

5) Chance to prove you can win in a big time conference...well at least second tier.

4) The opportunity to destroy your previous school on the way out...now that's power

3) $41.65 million - we'll just say he's getting extra to take care of Gillispie's buy out

2) You're a shade closer to Duke Blue.

1) The fans...ohhhh the fans

 

I'd ignore this thread, except for your unwelcome and inapproprriate presence and subsequent indignation, c-a-t-s.

 

HM:

11. Proximity to cleaner river in which to finally get all the grease out of his hair.

12. Elvis impersonators stand a better chance of being noticed in Kentucky than in Memphis.

13. It's easier to spell "UK" than to explain that school doesn't have the letter "f" in it.

14. Giggles like a middle schooler when filling in address forms with "Ky."

15. Mistakenly believes that "SEC" means he can offer recruits stock.

 

 

UK Basketball vs ND football Reply

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both had their glory years long before I was born. In my mind UK has 2 (3 at most) legitimate National Championships. Just like ND who has 2 (3 at most) legitimate NCs. In my mind, the modern era of collegiate sports began somewhere around 1980 or so and every year past this college basketball/football has become more competitive and the level of parity has increased giving the sport as a whole more legitimacy. Thoughts (Blue Devil fans only please).

 

UK seems to be very much part of the discussion amoung Duke fans. We are not their number one rival, but they don't want to see us succed either.

Found on Devils Illustrated

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

UK seems to be very much part of the discussion amoung Duke fans. We are not their number one rival, but they don't want to see us succed either.

 

:clap: Man. Glad we never cross their minds.

Most Duke fans are very indifferent about UK, they don't even really cross their minds, particularly as of late.

 

 

UK crosses my mind all of the time......and they always will.

 

Especially if UK gets John Wall.

 

First Patrick Patterson, and John Wall too......:puke:

Most Duke fans are very indifferent about UK, they don't even really cross their minds, particularly as of late.

 

UK crosses my mind all of the time......and they always will.

 

Especially if UK gets John Wall.

 

First Patrick Patterson, and John Wall too......:puke:

 

I think if you go anywhere else in the country Duke fans dont have anything against the UK fans. I think its only in KY do we as Duke fans not like UK. I was hoping I wouldn't have to pull out the picture but things seem to take a wrong turn and I hope oldrambler dont see this :lol:

 

laettner_387x550.jpg

Found on Devils Illustrated

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

UK seems to be very much part of the discussion amoung Duke fans. We are not their number one rival, but they don't want to see us succed either.

 

Thank you for introducing Devils Illustrated to me. I appreciate it. After visiting Devils Illustrated, I found it funny that UK fans went straight to Devils Illustrated after the Calipari hire and bombarded their board. UK will never replace UNC as Duke's number 1 rival, but as long as UK fans are bombarding Duke message boards I can guarantee that Duke fans will not want to see you succeed and you will always be in the back of their heads for 1 reason and 1 reason only.

Thank you GrizzlyAdams, thank you. I shall sleep with a smile on my face tonight.

 

laettner_387x550.jpg

I think if you go anywhere else in the country Duke fans dont have anything against the UK fans. I think its only in KY do we as Duke fans not like UK. I was hoping I wouldn't have to pull out the picture but things seem to take a wrong turn and I hope oldrambler dont see this :lol:

 

laettner_387x550.jpg

 

My eyes......MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

 

 

:puke: :scared: :eek:

I was a huge Brandon Jennings fan last season and still am, I follow his career overseas and he will be one of my favorite players in the NBA when he is drafted this summer. I thought he would be the best Point Guard prospect since Deron Williams and Chris Paul, but after watching tape on John Wall I take all of that back. John Wall is a big, athletic, deceptively quick and terrific distributer. I think John Wall will be the best Frosh in the country next season wherever he ends up.

Down 17, 9:17 to play...........Tampa.............Coach K out of TO's...........anyone have a recollection??? For some reason, everyone forgets this game. How convenient. The Laettner shot hurt, but this game was the sweetest revenge I could have ever imagined. Wayne Turner made Wojo look like a high school player, and Tubby out coached Coach K like he was an assistant coach. This game made all UK fans sleep much better at night. Enough said.

I think if you go anywhere else in the country Duke fans dont have anything against the UK fans. I think its only in KY do we as Duke fans not like UK. I was hoping I wouldn't have to pull out the picture but things seem to take a wrong turn and I hope oldrambler dont see this :lol:

 

laettner_387x550.jpg

 

Great picture Grizzly, glad you went to your archives. Got any pics of Wojo from the game in Tampa? How about Coach K when he squandered a 17 point lead with 9 minutes to play. Didn't think so. I am a life long UK fan, and the game in Tampa when UK was down by 17 and came back to beat the mighty Blue Devils was truly one of the most enjoyable evenings of my life. I love the Duke fans selective memory. I hope you have a poster of Laettner on your ceiling so you can look at him every night before you go to sleep. UK got their revenge. What else you wanna talk about? Goose Givens?

Most Duke fans are very indifferent about UK, they don't even really cross their minds, particularly as of late.

 

I can understand that where Duke's been so great here lately.

I can understand that where Duke's been so great here lately.

 

Duke has been very solid of late, and were actually quite good this past year....they are building up, I am hoping for a Final Four in the next couple years. You see, I have been a Duke fand for about 23 years, and have had way, way more good times than bad, so I am not worried at all right now.

I think if you go anywhere else in the country Duke fans dont have anything against the UK fans. I think its only in KY do we as Duke fans not like UK. I was hoping I wouldn't have to pull out the picture but things seem to take a wrong turn and I hope oldrambler dont see this :lol:

 

laettner_387x550.jpg

 

The stomp that changed history:sssh:

fdt8h3.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.